Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Why can't I look like Mark Sisson!?!?! page 13

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    One of the safest ways to eat starchy carbs is white rice with cooked vegetables, and plenty of protein and fat, in an evening meal
    Funny, a while back, choco told me I should be eating my carbs WITHOUT fat. In fact, he recommended boiled chicken breast with fat and skin removed, and plain white rice. Mmmm...

That just sounds so appetizing. He said it had something to do with fat messing up satiety signals from carbs which would definitely go against what you just said which was we should include plenty of fat with our carbs.

At least get your message to be consistent, ya know?

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    The vast majority of people diagnosed with this have never even thought of trying low carb, it has nothing to do with it.
    C'mon.
    Well, I wasn't saying it was the only thing to cause it either, and certainly far from the most deleterious to our health. Antidepressants, toxic PUFA, etc etc. It doesn't help most of the advice given by modern medicine is actively trying to kill everyone.
    nihil

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Funny, a while back, choco told me I should be eating my carbs WITHOUT fat. In fact, he recommended boiled chicken breast with fat and skin removed, and plain white rice. Mmmm...

That just sounds so appetizing. He said it had something to do with fat messing up satiety signals from carbs which would definitely go against what you just said which was we should include plenty of fat with our carbs.

Yes this is what I thought too.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    And here I've been told that by simply spreading ground meat into a thin layer and adding goat cheese and onions on top, a la "meetza", I'm eating "junk" that isn't "Primal" enough Oxide...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

oxide is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    I found Choco's posts defensive and aggressive at first but now I have the context to understand the reason why - the resistance from low-carb fundamentalists.
    You're on a forum founded by a low-carb fundamentalist and populated by like-minded low-carb fundamentalists. Were you expecting something else?
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Well, I wasn't saying it was the only thing to cause it either, and certainly far from the most deleterious to our health. Antidepressants, toxic PUFA, etc etc. It doesn't help most of the advice given by modern medicine is actively trying to kill everyone.
    Truth.

That we can certainly agree on.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    You are very, very smart. I like you
    Ok, I'm gonna just go hide in the gym while you, derp, and zach do a "we found Peat" circle jerk. Some body tell me when its safe to come out of hiding

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post

Whose message - mine or choco's?

I expect that choco was recommending eating lower fat with starch and protein post-workout to maximise muscle gain by increasing the insulin spike. I would agree with that.

Obviously, context is everything - i.e. whether muscle gain or fat loss is the priority, or a slow healthy balance between the two.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    Here's the thing for me.

I eat moderate carbs. I'm not VLC (below 50g/day). I'm more between 80 g and 150 g depending upon the day. Which is moderate. My diet is high fat, though (most calories from fat). And my protein is high -- but constant (by high, I mean above RDA numbers and %ages).

Yet, I never come off like choco.

How does that happen?

Hmmmm....one wonders

You know whats funny to me is I eat probably close to as many carbs as you, but I'm likely considered one of the low carb fundamentalists around here. lol.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    You're on a forum founded by a low-carb fundamentalist and populated by like-minded low-carb fundamentalists. Were you expecting something else?
    I doubt that Mark would describe himself as a low-carb fundamentalist.

It's not populated by low-carb fundamentalists. There's an attempt by low-carb fundamentalists to dominate the forum. That tends to be what causes the more rational, balanced, empathetic posters who aren't completely up their own arses to go elsewhere.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast