Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Why can't I look like Mark Sisson!?!?! page 12

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Here's the thing for me.

I eat moderate carbs. I'm not VLC (below 50g/day). I'm more between 80 g and 150 g depending upon the day. Which is moderate. My diet is high fat, though (most calories from fat). And my protein is high -- but constant (by high, I mean above RDA numbers and %ages).

Yet, I never come off like choco.

How does that happen?

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Choco, I see what you are saying. And yes I have given all food groups a fair shake.
    OK.
    I don't believe I am too far gone, due to the improvements I have already seen.
    I am not an idiot. If something is not making me feel good any more , I will change it.
    While I am able to live a normal life (compared to before), I will continue.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    No.
    Things like splotchy redness on face and chest, tightness in chest, palpitations, difficulty regulating body temperature, digestive pain and diarrhea, fatigue... etc.
    High serotonin levels (the type that shows up on tests) is not an indicative test for serotonin of the way we think of it as involves mental well being and the brain.
    And you'll likely be referred to an oncologist. It's an indicator for carcinoid cancer.
    Are all signs of metabolic deficiency, promotion of stress hormones, chronic inflammation and the fact the majority of serotonin is located in the intestine. Yeah, I know. It's just noticeable when you're in a state of permanent stress.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

And choco, that was just one example of the many things I tried.
    There have been plenty of others. And I didn't just try for 5 mins either. I try to do every thing for at least a month, but if it made me feel crap after that still, there is no way I would carry on.

Choco, it wasn't 3-4 sweet potatoes, it was around 100 g of pumpkin and 100g of sweet potato. MFP told me it was around 75 g of carbs.
    And I didn't combine fat and carbs, I ate chicken breast meat only. I already said this. It wasn't the bloat that concerned me as much as how sleepy I felt afterwards. All my other meals do not make me feel this way.
    Did you not read what I said?
    Why do you keep changing what I did?

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    He called me a troll and a liar.
    Yes i know not everyone needs to eat low carb.
    Yes I know I damaged my body from years of disordered eating. Low carb high fat is what is fixing this.
    He saids that everyone needs starchy carbs, and he is wrong.
    OK - as long as low carb is working for you, that's what matters.

One of the safest ways to eat starchy carbs is white rice with cooked vegetables, and plenty of protein and fat, in an evening meal after activity, not before. Context is everything in terms of understanding when your glycogen stores need replenishment and starch is your friend. 'Low Carb' is as useless a blanket concept as 'Low calorie'.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Are all signs of metabolic deficiency, promotion of stress hormones, chronic inflammation and the fact the majority of serotonin is located in the intestine. Yeah, I know. It's just noticeable when you're in a state of permanent stress.
    The vast majority of people diagnosed with this have never even thought of trying low carb, it has nothing to do with it.
    C'mon.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    OK - as long as low carb is working for you, that's what matters.

One of the safest ways to eat starchy carbs is white rice with cooked vegetables, and plenty of protein and fat, in an evening meal after activity, not before. Context is everything in terms of understanding when your glycogen stores need replenishment and starch is your friend. 'Low Carb' is as useless a blanket concept as 'Low calorie'.
    If I need to eat starch later, then yes I will look at trying white rice.
    Didn't choco just say not to eat much fat with starch though? That is why I only ate the chicken breast from the roast with the sp and pumpkin. I had read this before on here somewhere.

Yes that is it, it works for me, and I know its not right for everyone.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    Here's the thing for me.

I eat moderate carbs. I'm not VLC (below 50g/day). I'm more between 80 g and 150 g depending upon the day. Which is moderate. My diet is high fat, though (most calories from fat). And my protein is high -- but constant (by high, I mean above RDA numbers and %ages).

Yet, I never come off like choco.

How does that happen?
    You're cool and stuff?
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

oxide is online now Senior Member
    Choco, Primal eating is about no grains, burning fat for energy, carbs under 150g, and the idea that calories are secondary to macros (see carbs under 150 grams).

Your posts have said several times that it doesn't matter what you eat if your calories are under some number.
    ....This is not Primal. This is CICO CW.

Your posts consistently advocate plenty of starches. You must be over 150g.
    ....This is not Primal. This is on the insidious weight gain part of the Carbohydrate curve.

I guess you work off all those extra by exercising.
    ....This is not Primal. You're supposed to be burning fat, not carbs.

The first page of your vaunted recipe from May 2011 thread uses coconut flour, almond meal, rice flour, and flax seed to make breads and pizza crust.
    ....What was that about not using nuts for CW substitutes?

In May 2011 you suggested making a cheesecake high starch and low-fat by using dried fruit, rice, and tapioca starch.
    ....Low fat is NOT primal. And where are the Real Food police when you need them? How can you call extracted starch from tapioca "whole and unprocessed?"

In May 2012 you posted more cheesecakes
    ....We still don't know how Primal dairy is, but you have had to eat that cheesecake over a couple weeks at least, to stay within the 80/20 rule.

Four days ago, your dinner featured corn tortillas and rice.
    ....I don't care if you soaked those corn toxins in bleach. Corn is a grain. It it NOT primal. And I'm sure that meal alone went over 150g carb.

At that I gave up. I don't know wtf kind of diet your food is. I don't care whether it works for you or not. This is NOT primal. This is some bastard cross between CW and faleo. I will not follow it, nor your posts.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast