Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Why can't I look like Mark Sisson!?!?! page 10

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    If that is the case, he does not spread the word in a very convincing or respectful way. Becoming overly defensive or aggressive is not the way to share an agenda. For the record, I don't eat low carb. In Mark Sisson's charts, I would be at a moderate carb level.
    I found Choco's posts defensive and aggressive at first but now I have the context to understand the reason why - the resistance from low-carb fundamentalists.

I find your recent comments on this thread equally aggressive and certainly far less rational in comparison to Choco's. Choco has an excellent handle on the science, and that matters, whether you like it or not.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    You are very, very smart. I like you

People will swear that low carbohydrate diets don't elevate stress. When you are constantly breaking down lean mass to create the glucose necessary to fuel your brain, I beg to differ. Get your cortisol, adrenaline, serotonin and blood CO2 levels checked. I mean c'mon, we're obsessed about our HDL's and triglycerides around here right? Suddenly adding 4 little things to the list is too much? I bet your first 3 will be high and your CO2 will be in the low 20's

Yeah, I agree, since stress hormones are interconnected and promote each other in cycles, and loops, it causes nothing but prolonged degeneration.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    I found Choco's posts defensive and aggressive at first but now I have the context to understand the reason why - the resistance from low-carb fundamentalists.

I find your recent comments on this thread equally aggressive and certainly far less rational in comparison to Choco's. Choco has an excellent handle on the science, and that matters, whether you like it or not.
    Yeah but do you think that telling those of us that our experiences are wrong is OK?

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    I am not interested in causing more stress to myself by going to the Dr and get numbers checked. I would if I stopped feeling good, or was always tired or whatever.
    But I do feel good, and can sleep etc etc among all the other things i mentioned recently. Does this look like my body is suffering, seriously?
    This is just irresponsibility. I don't think anyone can take you seriously at all anymore after this statement. You don't need to go to a doctor to a get a lab test, btw.

Some symptoms are only noticeable after they accumulate over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    This is just irresponsibility. I don't think anyone can take you seriously at all anymore after this statement. You don't need to go to a doctor to a get a lab test, btw.

Some symptoms are only noticeable after they accumulate over time.
    Um here in Aus you do. But thanks.
    Its not irresponsible. Sick people go to the Dr, I feel perfectly fine. If I don't, then yes I will go.
    Geez.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    You are very, very smart. I like you

People will swear that low carbohydrate diets don't elevate stress. When you are constantly breaking down lean mass to create the glucose necessary to fuel your brain, I beg to differ. Get your cortisol, adrenaline, serotonin and blood CO2 levels checked. I mean c'mon, we're obsessed about our HDL's and triglycerides around here right? Suddenly adding 4 little things to the list is too much? I bet your first 3 will be high and your CO2 will be in the low 20's
    Because of my particular health issues and medications I have my CO2 tested regularly (bi-monthly to tri-monthly when I see my doc I have to hit the vampires too).
    The normal range for CO2 is 23-29 mEq/L.
    I always test in the 25-28 range... hardly "low".
    My neurologist is very happy.

I'd be willing to bet that my cortisol, adrenaline, serotonin are just fine too.
    BTW, do you know the symptoms that you will generally be showing if your serotonin is high enough to test high, or who your doctor will be referring you to? Just askin.
    Last edited by cori93437; 01-21-2013 at 01:05 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Oh, and severe bloating from a specific macronutrient isn't a sign to you that you're not as fine as you claim to feel?

And, no you don't. You can order kits online. I'm staring at mine right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Oh, and severe bloating from a specific macronutrient isn't a sign to you that you're not as fine as you claim to feel?

And, no you don't. You can order kits online. I'm staring at mine right here.
    OK show me a link for a site that I can use here in Australia.
    I have looked before.
    Woman get bloated plenty, do you know anything about womans cycles?
    Yes i feel like I also got bloated after the pumpkin and sweet potato the other night, but it was temporary and feel much better now.
    So yeah, sick of explaining. This is right for me. That is all that matters to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    OK show me a link for a site that I can use here in Australia.
    I have looked before.
    Woman get bloated plenty, do you know anything about womans cycles?
    Yes i feel like I also got bloated after the pumpkin and sweet potato the other night, but it was temporary and feel much better now.
    So yeah, sick of explaining. This is right for me. That is all that matters to me.
    Pretty sure lef.org will ship to Australia. I don't know, your customs are jacked up.

Oh so I can send my blood back to the US?
    Hmm doubtful. Doesn't matter, am not testing for anything at this stage.
    BTW I have had blood tests in the past, when I felt like crap eating all those amazing carbs. And every thing was "normal" it was the crappy carbs making me feel bad.

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast