Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need advice--Lyle McDonald? page 2

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss Diet is a crash diet. He actually states this. I would strongly recommend against crash dieting, especially a PSMF. You will likely be miserable the entire time, break down at the end, gain it all back and then some, then feel like crap for weeks later as you now look even worse. IMO, stay away from it, cut your calories a little at a time and slowly lose the last few pounds over 10-12 weeks.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss Diet is a crash diet. He actually states this. I would strongly recommend against crash dieting, especially a PSMF. You will likely be miserable the entire time, break down at the end, gain it all back and then some, then feel like crap for weeks later as you now look even worse. IMO, stay away from it, cut your calories a little at a time and slowly lose the last few pounds over 10-12 weeks.
    Completely agree.

Rudee is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BklynGirl View Post
    Wise words. I may buy Lyle McDonald's book because I'm curious and think it would be an interesting read, but for now I've set up a 4-week IF plan and I'm going to see how that works. Basically, for the first two weeks I'm alternating 16 hr fasts and 20-22 hr fasts with one day off a week, and the second two weeks I'll do a total of 4 20-22 hr fasts (~1 meal) and 3 non-fasting days. If I'm feeling confident after the first week I may jump into alternating the one-meal days right in the second week. I know it's not that intense, but I need to get used to not eating all day.

I've experimented quite a bit with long duration fasting. I've found that one 24 hour fast a week is about the perfect level for me. When I did two 24 hour fasts in a week I noticed I was sacrificing too much muscle tissue. I was lighter on the scale, but all my hard earned muscle that I built over the years was being eaten away like a cancer. Went back to just one fast a week and the muscle loss stabilized and all is well again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12