Thread: Food for thought... page

Drumroll is offline Senior Member

Food for thought...

Primal Fuel
    I don't care HOW unbiased you think you are, how educated you are and how many degrees you have, how right you think you are, what kind of a diet you eat... None of that matters.

You can ALL gain some valuable insight from these two videos. Check 'em out, because I think this forum could use a little dose of reality:

"Science for smart people" by Tom Naughton on Vimeo

"Self-experimentation: the best science" by Richard Nikoley on Vimeo

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    I don't pretend I know much of anything. I just try crap until it either works or doesn't, and freely share my experiences. I'll watch those, nod my head, and they will be absorbed into the unresolvable tangles of my mind.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Ripped is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    You can ALL gain some valuable insight from these two videos. Check 'em out, because I think this forum could use a little dose of reality:
    So what's your point?

I watched all of those videos a long time ago. There's a list of them here:
    Ancestral Health Society’s Videos on Vimeo

I thought a lot of them were good. I liked the ones by Mark Sisson, Craig Stanford, and Mathieu Lalonde; those were the ones I remembered the most.

I surely wasn't familiar with the chemistry discussed by Mathieu Lalonde. The guy sure is quite the genius and really does know his stuff, but in the end I did get his overall point. If I were to interpret it into my own words, I'd say he's basically saying that you can't just go around making stuff up and saying this food is bad and that food is bad without actually having the facts straight.

Richard Nikoley on the other hand was on the opposite end of the spectrum in the sense that his main focus is on practicality and personal experimentation. I agree with that 100%.

And the way I see it is, if you take the advice from both of these guys, you end up with something good. Don't just dogmatically accept what everyone tells you about diet; know your facts. But don't use that as an excuse to waste time either and not live your life. Studies can help, if they aren't rigged or biased. But personal experimentation will give you the answers in the end.

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    I am completely biased and after nearly sixty three years I'm now an expert on me. I research the science behind foods & drinks and decide what's best for my health, both mental as well as physical. If I can make just one person in this world happy, I'll be happy, especially if it's me.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.