Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Literally pulling something page 2

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My PT threw a plate on the rug and made me push it along the floor once at the end of the training session. Folks in our gym would sometimes giddy up into the resistance bands and pull one another against each other's resistance along the hall. We kindda have a fun bunch in our rec center

I also do some creative pushing and pulling of a wheelbarrow every summer loaded with turf, soil, odds and ends on my walkout lot, in my happy clovers lol. Gives the hamstrings something to think about!

Speaking of which I gotta file in my PT request. Resolutionists should be clearing out by now....
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I pushed my bike up hill the other day. We were "mountain biking" on a relatively level dirt road that had a big hill in the middle. Man, pushing my bike up the hill was more tiring than I expected. Maybe if I had some kind of wheeled thing, a wagon or something, that I could load up with stuff and push it or pull it up my steep driveway that would provide a good workout. I've never seen a prowler and don't even know what it looks like. We don't have anything like that at my gym. I'd just get in the way in the gym if I tried pulling a plate with a rope or something like that.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

heatseeker is offline Senior Member

quikky is offline Senior Member
    I so wish I had access to a prowler...

Where do you guys find these things? CrossFit gyms?

zilog is offline Senior Member
    I would think just lugging something like a barbell that's on the ground would definitely leave you more prone to injury than something like a Prowler which has the special harness and is specifically made for this. That said there's no reason why you can't do it, just be careful to set your back properly and don't twist awkwardly etc.

If I had a big garden I would definitely get a Prowler, they look awesome. Would not want to use one in a public space though due to a) the hassle of getting it there and b) the ever present menace of dog eggs.

MikeD is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quikky View Post
    I so wish I had access to a prowler...

Where do you guys find these things? CrossFit gyms?
    Buy one. Google prowler. Or go to elite fts and buy one. The econo version is 10 lbs lighter and a little differently shaped, but you save on cost and shipping. Shameless plug for the company I shop with all the time.

MikeD is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zilog View Post
    I would think just lugging something like a barbell that's on the ground would definitely leave you more prone to injury than something like a Prowler which has the special harness and is specifically made for this. That said there's no reason why you can't do it, just be careful to set your back properly and don't twist awkwardly etc.

If I had a big garden I would definitely get a Prowler, they look awesome. Would not want to use one in a public space though due to a) the hassle of getting it there and b) the ever present menace of dog eggs.
    Find an empty parking lot and push

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12