Thread: Food Sensitivities page

AshleyCR is offline Member

Food Sensitivities

Shop Now
    Hey guys,

I'm posting here for advice or reassurance that I'm doing the right thing for my body.

I've been gluten free for about 2.5 years after reading Wheat Belly. A couple months later I found MDA, Paleohacks etc and read all the books I could find on the subject.

At first I could tolerate dairy: mostly heavy cream, butter, hard cheeses but now they upset my stomach and my face breaks out

More recently, in the past 4-5 months, I've started to react to eggs and nuts. My breathing gets constricted, my face flushes and nausea/digestion issues usually lead me to the bathroom.

I'm discouraged at my few options. Sure, I used to be about 10lbs heavier before starting this lifestyle but I'm wondering if its worth it to be this limited.

Has anyone experienced this and found a solution? Any advice?
    Thanks

patski is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Eggs, nuts and dairy are allergens for many people. Cut them right out. Eat meat and fat for breakfast.

I have food intolerances as well. Eggs are one of my worst. It takes a little more work, and a little more planning, but I certainly don't mind as much as I used to. A can of mackerel and a whole avocado is a typical breakfast for me. If not mackerel, then some sirloin strips fried in coconut oil or lard. Or a side of bacon and a 'fat bomb' smoothie: coconut milk, avocado, some macadamia nut butter if I have it, half a banana.

I see you're in Toronto. My naturopathic doc is at Yonge and Eglinton, and she's the one who ordered a food intolerances test for me. It wasn't cheap, but it was well worth it. Here I thought I was eating well, eating very paleo and low-carb to boot (I was dealing with candida at the time, and not getting any better), but the food intolerances test opened my eyes to what I *thought* were candida symptoms...and they weren't.

Take l-glutamine in powdered form on an empty stomach. I was up to 20 grams (that's 20,000mg) a day, but did it slowly. It will heal your gut lining. For me, it healed many months of skin issues such as angular cheleitis and perioral dermatitis.

(I can never get the spelling of those two right. Eff it!)
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.