Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Confused... low carb isn't primal, correct? page 3

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    Low carb is primal. Primal isn't low carb.
    Low carb is NOT automatically primal. There are a ton of "low carb" recipes and processed foods full of soy protein, artificial sweeteners and other garbage. Once a low-carber on a facebook group mentioned that she cuts a processed cheese slice (American cheese.) into quarters and microwaves the crap out of them to make low carb "cheeze its" snacks.

found the recipe. barf.

Primal/paleo both include carbohydrates. How many carbs you eat is up to you. What sets them apart is the SOURCES. Like veggies and fruit and high quality, full fat dairy. Eat real food.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

maelynn is offline Junior Member
    I've read the book and done some more research and I think I'm going to have to be pretty strict before I start adding in the more questionable things. Thanks again for the advice. I'm starting to get it now.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    The strictness required depends on your current health status and your goals ... e.g. how much excess fat and inflammation you wish to eliminate, and how much muscle you hope to gain. These are common goals here but there are many others.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    low carb can be primal. say, meat and veggies for dinner= primal. but low carb noodles with 800 ingredients with 3 or more syllables, with splenda sweetened sauce and a dish of breyers low carb ice cream is not primal.

a meal of sweet potatoes, chicken, and a banana is not low carb, but primal.

To me, it is about eating whole foods and avoiding toxic ones.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123