Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Confused... low carb isn't primal, correct? page 2

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Low carb is primal. Primal isn't low carb.
    Billie trips balls

Quote Originally Posted by TheFastCat View Post
    The Primal way of eating (only part of the Primal blueprint) DOES advocate a low carb diet that avoids starches like sweet potatoes. Many people on the forum ignore this which is fine. The PB is just a blueprint, not a gospel.

Low carb != zero carb or very low carb

the way of eating is keteogenic (majority of energy derived from gluconeogensis of protein/fat) which primes the pump for intermittent fasting, lowered blood glucose levels which is a very large part of the Primal Blueprint -- the modelling of the ancesteral metabolism which we are designed for.

Yes Mark Sission advocates a low carb diet - I've heard him, in person, advocate a low carb diet -- the PB advocates a low carb diet. He even goes so far to insinuate that the average person should avoid tubers, rice except for athletes. He had a quote along the lines of "Sweet potatoes are okay -- good luck on that marathon you are eating them for".

Paleo is not, by nature, a lower carb diet, Primal is.
    This.

And, the best advice I can give you if you are new to this; stay off the forums. Just read the book, daily posts and search through them. This forum has become overcome by diet hacks that either want to lose a ton of weight by any means necessary or justify their chubby self-desire for potatoes, or are just trolls that want to start fights. I like it because it makes me giggle, but it isn't a great place to learn anymore. If you are checking into things, take advice from those with a join date earlier than 2011. These kids...so much to learn.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalJewishAmericanPrincess View Post
    This.

And, the best advice I can give you if you are new to this; stay off the forums. Just read the book, daily posts and search through them. This forum has become overcome by diet hacks that either want to lose a ton of weight by any means necessary or justify their chubby self-desire for potatoes, or are just trolls that want to start fights. I like it because it makes me giggle, but it isn't a great place to learn anymore. If you are checking into things, take advice from those with a join date earlier than 2011. These kids...so much to learn.
    there's still some decent stuff on here...but i agree, read the book and the posts first. because there certainly is plenty of bickering too. it's just that the sensible people don't bother staying in debates that go nowhere

specsAreGrok is offline Senior Member
    And, the best advice I can give you if you are new to this; stay off the forums. Just read the book, daily posts and search through them.
    Indeed. Search the blog site(Mark's Daily Apple) not the forums if you have questions first.
    Eg: the first hit for a search on dairyon the blog site is this which should explain dairy in the PB further:
    The Definitive Guide to Dairy | Mark's Daily Apple

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    the sensible people don't bother staying in debates that go nowhere
    Except when it's funny. Or I'm not as sensible as I think. Or both.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Except when it's funny. Or I'm not as sensible as I think. Or both.
    *cough* yeah this
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    This.

love it!
    ad astra per aspera

whitebear is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    Primal is indeed not low carb ... however cream has negligible carbs hence you are clearly very confused indeed.
    yup

sixpack-rc is offline Senior Member
    This.

Yep. I did great. Then got on the forums and started messing around with ice cream, primal pizza, sugar, potatoes, etc...and plateaued out and even lost much of the progress I had made. I just ventured back on here today for the first time in months.

~rc

maelynn is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks all. This is very helpful. I will read the book over the weekend and be choosy about where I get my advice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast