Thread: A big newbie "hello" from one of the fattest states in the US. page

maelynn is offline Junior Member

A big newbie "hello" from one of the fattest states in the US.

Hi all. Just getting started. Day 1 officially.

We had snow here in Alabama and so had time this morning (because everyone freaked out on the roads) to make a great big omelette with veggies and sausage before heading to work. No cheese! No cream or Splenda in my coffee either! Oy, that was tough.

I am looking forward to hanging around here a bit and learning more as I go along.

My goal for today: I'm going to try to figure out what my new go-to staples will be. Need to find something to grab instead of my typical greek yogurt, cereal, or deli meat 'n cheese on whole wheat sandwich.

Have a great Friday!

cantat is offline Senior Member
    Welcome!! Good on you for trying something such a departure from conventional diets! Keep kicking ass and enjoy all the ways you start feeling better. Incidentally, I make collard greens with ham hocks and will have that for lunch for, like, a week. So good!
    29/F
    5'4.5
    Highest weight: 220
    Starting weight: 195
    Current weight: 179
    Goal weight: 127

maelynn is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks for the welcome!

So far, so good. I bought collard greens yesterday and was going to make the whole bag so I have leftovers for lunch during the week. Love the little pieces that fall off the ham hocks! Yum. Thanks!