Thread: Primal Journal (Maelynn) page

maelynn is offline Junior Member

Primal Journal (Maelynn)

Shop Now
    Using the suggested template until I find my own "voice."

Day 1: Primal Food Intake Today:
    B: 2 Eggs + Bell Peppers, Onions, Sausage crumbles; Black coffee; 16 oz water with lemon
    S: Apple
    L: Mixed greens with flank steak, onion, cukes, balsamic vinegar and oil
    S: Not sure
    D: Roast chicken, big side of Brussels sprouts with butter

Exercise routine
    None except for walking my usual on-and-off 3 miles at work.

Musings
    I'm incredibly excited about this. My biggest challenge will be once I get home and am faced with making choices and not caving in and staying in control. I tend to eat when I'm bored and that carb-comfort tends to be what I reach for first.

Changed it up at lunch. Didn't feel like getting a salad together and fruit and sandwiches showed up in our break room so I took a big ham/turkey/bacon sandwich and remove the bread and cheese and got a huge pile of chopped fruit. I feel okay about that. The bonus was it was from a place that I know slices deli meat off of freshly cooked real turkey breast and ham. I'm still figuring out if deli meat is okay generally or if there's too much crap in them to be okay. Work in progress.

Also, started posting and learned a lot already about low carb vs. paleo vs. Primal. Can't wait to get home. My Primal books should be at my door waiting for me!
    Last edited by maelynn; 01-18-2013 at 12:45 PM.

So far, so good... mostly.

I'm not lacking great meal ideas - so many terrific resources out there - but am finding it a little harder to have all the right stuff on hand. I've noticed some ingredients keep popping up that I don't normally have on hand so they're on the shopping list - coconut flour, coconut oil, coconut milk, and real unsweetened coconut. Thank heavens I adore coconut!

Some other things are going to be more expensive and less easily accessible: grass-fed beef, some organics... basically the good, unadulterated stuff.

I realize I'm going to have to work up to complete elimination of some things because of convenience or cost. I had sausage this morning and I'm sure it probably had stuff in it that I shouldn't have had but for a few days I'm going to have to be "close enough" until I get my new routine and cooking/meal plans/groceries in order.

Day 2: Primal Food Intake Today:
    B: 2 Eggs + Bell Peppers, Onions, Sausage crumbles; Coffee w/ almond milk and stevia; 16 oz water with lemon
    L: Tuna, zucchini squash, strawberries, water w/ lemon
    D: Shrimp stir fry with bell peppers, onion, tomatoes, avocado; water w/ lemon

Day 3: Primal Food Intake Today:
    B: Smoked sausage, fried egg; Coffee w/ almond milk and stevia; water with lemon
    L: Sweet potato fries (wasn't very hungry and had a sweet potato on-hand)
    D: Sirloin steak with roasted Brussels sprouts, water with lemon