Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kombucha - how much is too much? page

LauraSB is offline Senior Member

Kombucha - how much is too much?

Primal Fuel
    Well, I tried some, despite thinking fermented tea sounded nasty, and it is yummy. I bought GT's Gingerade and then later a couple of the Enlightened flavors. More than 12oz at once is hard, but I'm sure I could drink a quart in a day. How many billions of Bacillus and Saccharomyces can you drink in a day and not overwhelm your gut?
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

denisedb is offline Member
    you'll start getting loose stools if you've had too much. i can drink 2 a day and be fine. they're addictive, aren't they? trilogy is my fave - delicious!

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Does anyone start having massive binges after drinking one? I get those problems...I am full and then drink one, and then want to eat everything in sight because my stomach feels magically empty.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I can only drink about 8 ounces at a time. I love it, but it is hard to drink a lot. And well, it is expensive.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Lindsay is offline Junior Member
    Too much Kombucha? No way!!

I find that drinking a bottle of Kombucha (I drink 16oz to 32oz a day) makes me feel fantastic! It fills me up, gives me energy and squashes any kind of lingering craving for something sweet. Personally, I brew my own using the Continuous Brewing Method (Continuous Kombucha Brewing | How To Continuous Brew Kombucha Recipe Kombucha Recipe | Kombucha Tea | Kombucha Benefits | Make Kombucha) so I have a huge amount on tap to drink whenever I feel like it and I can control the sugar content. That being said, after I have a full bottle I'm usually good to go for the day and don't crave anymore. I find I crave Kombucha when I'm tired and low on energy.

The only reason I would worry about having too much Kombucha would be if I were paying the ridiculous price tag for the in-store stuff, especially if you're buying it by the gallon >o<. Otherwise, drink up until your satisfied -- just listen to your body.

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Well, I've discovered my daily limit is about 16oz, lol. But I'm glad to have it as a regular part of my diet anyway. I haven't tried a GT's flavor I don't like yet.

I bought some High Country brand because it has a different mix of microorganisms. The wild root flavor is kind of interesting. The ginger flavor is no where near as good as GT's, though.

Sakura_girl, I feel quite full for a while after drinking one and can't imagine binging until hours afterward.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Does anyone start having massive binges after drinking one? I get those problems...I am full and then drink one, and then want to eat everything in sight because my stomach feels magically empty.
    I have quite the opposite effect actually. If I'm trying to eat less I can sip on kombucha and it will kill my appetite for many hours with no unusual increase after that when I do eat. Sometimes it will kill the appetite enough that I don't eat enough and then the following day I will more than make up for it though.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I love the stuff too, it doesn't change my appetite one way or another though. Since it's pricey (and I don't really want to make my own at this time) I try not to have more than half the bottle when I buy it, but it doesn't usually last more than a few days anyway. I have kefir more often, trader joes' brand.
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    Kombucha's a treat in our house, more because of the cost than anything else. I especially enjoy the strange chia seed kombucha, but I'm not sure if they're really as beneficial as the regular "buch"... I'd love to make my own, not sure my apartment is the right environment for it though.

sigzephyr is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I notice you all buy your Kombucha drinks. You must have more on offer. In Australia it is very hard to find so I make my own. it is easy and cheap to make, and we all drink a lot of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast