Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kombucha - how much is too much? page 2

cinders is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I make my own Kombucha and Keffir theres a great sight for anyone in the U.K

its called Happy Kombucha

edinbb is offline Junior Member
    Hello there, I drink between half and a gallon a day.. I know it sounds crazy but I do. A while ago, I bought "mashroom"-live culture online, actually on ebay, for 5 dollars, and ever since then, I have developed into an real kambucha maker. I make about 4-6 gallons in a week. Very simple, to make, and very teasty to drink.. Acctually, I think that drink itself is way overpriced, if you buy it at the store. I brew my own, with black-olong or green tee.. add sugar to it and let it cool. Than I poor it into my half gallon jars(from wallmart)-made out of glass, and place it into my garage..I cover it with coffee machine filter.. Sure enough, after about 10 days you will have great kambucha drink.. than mother mashroom produces baby,and I can brew double as much next time.. Life is great.. One thing to remember is to "keep it simple".. there is no perfect recepe, you make it based on your taste.. there is no perfect temperature, I left it in colder and hoter weter.. It does not matter except time, it takes longer in cold to brew, and sugar you put inthere converts so is no more sugar.. I personaly use cheep white sugar, and Russian Black tee=I happen to have.. You can use lipton, just don't have any oil flawored but I think even that would work.. I also used olong and green tee and everything worked, my kambucha is excellent..taste is the same like the one I use to buy in the bottle..Except, price is heck of a lot cheeper.. I would recomed to everybody, buy small culture, of the ebay and start brewing your self..You will be proud. Also, I drink now kambucha instead of beer at night, and I love it..Ofcourse beer is good as well.).

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    I also make my own! Just two jars at a time, enough for one 16 ounce bottle a day if I conserve. I'd love to drink two a day, I just don't brew that much at this time.

"Too much" is when it negatively impacts your health in any way. Going a week without it and then drinking a bunch at once = the runs. But if drinking it on a normal basis, one should be able to drink quite a bit - as if it were water - without difficulty.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12