Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you a sugaraholic? page

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member

Are you a sugaraholic?

Primal Fuel
    I've been off the blog for a while doing my own blog on the specific issues around sugar-starch addiction. If you are interested:

Sugaraholics | "A Retreat from Sweet"
    HighFatLowCarbRecipes
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    My name is Derpamix and I'm a sugaraholic...
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Gibtron is offline Member
    I never used to be too bothered by sugar, always for years craved the salty carb food, my boyfriend is a massive sugarholic..it's rubbed off on me BIG time! Is now my downfall!!
    "It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all,in which case you've failed by default"

I found my sugar cravings got progressively worse as I headed to the big CHANGE, and the struggle has been truly a person battle. MDA was a huge help, since getting off the junk makes all the difference.

Sugaraholics | "A Retreat from Sweet"
    HighFatLowCarbRecipes
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

Welcome Derpamix! You are among friends.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

It doesn't seem to take much for a switch from one kind of abuse to another. Like alcoholics who often will start eating terribly sweet foods when they give up the drink.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    I don't know, 10 bananas a day, sugaraholic?
    Billie trips balls

jakey is offline Senior Member
    starch addiction? good lord. calm down.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    I benefit from starch while not being addicted to sugar. I have been addicted to other substances, but have never been addicted to the poison that is sugar.

Does anyone else here have a rudimentary understanding of what carbohydrates actually are?
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I'm addicted to food. Really, I'm not sure I could live without it.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast