Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you a sugaraholic? page 3

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    @Siobhan: Right there with you sister!
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Starches and polyunsaturated fats are the issue, not sugar.

Zeera is offline Senior Member
    I guess I could be considered some type of sugar addict because although I can and do go months without eating refined sugars, I get terrible urges to binge on the stuff when I do have even a little bit of it. I get this whole "screw it, I just messed up months of healthy eating so I might as well eat all the sweets I want today and start over fresh tomorrow" mindset. Luckily this has only happened to me 2 or 3 times since going primal in mid 2011, but those sugar binges and the resulting aftermath have taught me that it's really not worth the hassle of having "just a taste" of something, because it really pushes me towards that slippery slope.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeera View Post
    I guess I could be considered some type of sugar addict because although I can and do go months without eating refined sugars, I get terrible urges to binge on the stuff when I do have even a little bit of it. I get this whole "screw it, I just messed up months of healthy eating so I might as well eat all the sweets I want today and start over fresh tomorrow" mindset. Luckily this has only happened to me 2 or 3 times since going primal in mid 2011, but those sugar binges and the resulting aftermath have taught me that it's really not worth the hassle of having "just a taste" of something, because it really pushes me towards that slippery slope.
    Deprogram yourself while you still can.

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    Starches and polyunsaturated fats are the issue, not sugar.

what sorcery is this?
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    I for sure fall into this category . I just can't keep cookies and candies in the house. I never have binged on other starches, only actual sugar, and things that contain it. No problem with fruits either.
    Last edited by Silvergirl; 01-23-2013 at 11:41 PM.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post

what sorcery is this?
    Remember all sugars and all starches are sugars in the blood stream.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

Quote Originally Posted by Silvergirl View Post
    I for sure fall into this category . I just can't keep cookies and candies in the house. I never have binged on other starches, only actual sugar, and things that contain it. No problem with fruits either.
    I found that as I got in the "change" years everything escalated, all sugar and starch cravings got worse, ones I never had started, like ice cream. Not everyone faces this, but it is definitely an indicator of growing insulin resistance.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

Charles Duhigg's book on habits says that old habit pathways don't go away, so if you repeat a behavior even after years of not doing it, then your brain quickly reopens the old pathway. Bummer!
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

A great list of currently blogging paleo/low carb doctors: Top 17 Low-Carb & Paleo Doctors With Blogs
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast