Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low Cal snack / Breakfast page 2

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I find that if I'm ever hungry in the morning, a coffee with some cream does wonders. 100-300 calories in pure fat goes a long way.

Not the most nutritious option, but if you're looking for something low-cal anyway...

StickyBuns is offline Junior Member
    I don't always have time to cook and have found the grilled chicken strips (not frozen) from Trader Joes to be great! I throw them on a salad and eat them cold or saute in butter/buffalo sauce for a quick wing alternative.

Make a smothie with canned coconut milk or coconut cream and berries very satisfying due to the sat fats and creamyness.

Cat_ty is offline Junior Member
    Every sunday evening I whisk up a load of eggs, put them in my silicon muffin tin and bake in the oven for about 20 mins. Then I have egg muffins to keep me going to for the rest of week. They can also be frozen which is handy and last all week in the fridge. You could also add some vegetables (I often add spinach) and some cheese if you are eating dairy. Simple, quick and filling and can be eaten anywhere!

I am NOT a morning person and I'm never going to wake up early enough to make myself a proper breakfast at home. Before PB I would keep a stash of whole wheat english muffins and peanut butter at work (I know, I know). So I've been making smoothies in the morning with frozen berries and canned full-fat coconut milk (sometimes a little almond butter thrown in too). The smoothie takes seconds to make. I pour it in a plastic bottle and run out the door. I obsessed forever about what to bring for lunch, and then realized (DUH) that I have an hour lunch break and I work only 10 minutes away from home. I started going home and making myself bacon and scrambled eggs for lunch, or a scramble/ omelet type thing with whatever veggies I have around. Breakfast for lunch is the best thing ever. I can easily walk by all the donuts, etc. that people bring into the office, because I'm full all day and never hangry anymore (hungry angry).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12