Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. No grain, no sugar page

  1. #1
    fitartist's Avatar
    fitartist is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    75

    Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. No grain, no sugar

    It's true. You are what you eat.
    http://fitchickskitchen.wordpress.com

  2. #2
    jkr's Avatar
    jkr
    jkr is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    385
    I'm not opposed to linking to your site at all but you could at least post the recipe so it is slightly less blatant self-promotion. At least half of your very few posts are just links to your blog.

  3. #3
    j3nn's Avatar
    j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    3,719
    That looks absolutely scrumptious! Thanks for sharing.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

    “It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

  4. #4
    namelesswonder's Avatar
    namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    12,377
    Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    I'm not opposed to linking to your site at all but you could at least post the recipe so it is slightly less blatant self-promotion. At least half of your very few posts are just links to your blog.
    Agreed. Technically, this kind of self-promoting post is against the forum rules.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

  5. #5
    cori93437's Avatar
    cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central FL
    Posts
    6,715
    Here, I'll help.



    Sugar Free - Grain Free
    Banana Cake w/ Cream Cheese Frosting

    INGREDIENTS

    1 cup almond flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/4 tsp sea salt
    3 eggs
    1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
    1/4 cup steviva blend
    1 cup mashed banana (2-3 bananas)

    optional: cream cheese frosting

    DIRECTIONS

    Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    Combine all ingredients in a bowl and spread into a greased square cake pan.
    Bake for approximately 40 minutes

    Serving Size: makes 12 pieces

    Nutritional Info for Cake Only
    Servings Per Recipe: 12
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 242.5
    Total Fat: 19.7 g
    Cholesterol: 40.7 mg
    Sodium: 152.9 mg
    Total Carbs: 10.4 g
    Dietary Fiber: 3.4 g
    Protein: 7.5 g


    Awesome... Thanks for that cool recipe Fitartist.
    (See, that wasn't so hard was it?)
    Last edited by cori93437; 01-19-2013 at 03:33 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.


  6. #6
    healthy11's Avatar
    healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,179
    Whatever... let her promote it. Nothing wrong with it, IMO. I'm always happy to find new and good blogs! Looks and sounds delicious!

  7. #7
    cori93437's Avatar
    cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central FL
    Posts
    6,715
    It's blatantly against forum policy to only make posts linking sites.

    She could just as easily post a full recipe here with her link at the bottom on occasion and people could chose to follow the link if they liked what they saw.
    *edit ... and is no less promotional.

    Many people do not wish to click links no matter the title because those links are often false.

    Doing it the other way could easily get her booted from the community as a spammer.
    A little education never hurt anyone.
    Last edited by cori93437; 01-19-2013 at 03:43 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.


  8. #8
    j3nn's Avatar
    j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    3,719
    Quote Originally Posted by healthy11 View Post
    Whatever... let her promote it. Nothing wrong with it, IMO. I'm always happy to find new and good blogs! Looks and sounds delicious!
    This. Internet hall monitors are really annoying. Who cares? The whole Web is a series of hyperlinks. Ridiculous.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

    “It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

  9. #9
    daviomaron's Avatar
    daviomaron is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    4
    That looks absolutely scrumptious!

  10. #10
    j3nn's Avatar
    j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    3,719
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Here, I'll help.



    Sugar Free - Grain Free
    Banana Cake w/ Cream Cheese Frosting

    INGREDIENTS

    1 cup almond flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/4 tsp sea salt
    3 eggs
    1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
    1/4 cup steviva blend
    1 cup mashed banana (2-3 bananas)

    optional: cream cheese frosting

    DIRECTIONS

    Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    Combine all ingredients in a bowl and spread into a greased square cake pan.
    Bake for approximately 40 minutes

    Serving Size: makes 12 pieces

    Nutritional Info for Cake Only
    Servings Per Recipe: 12
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 242.5
    Total Fat: 19.7 g
    Cholesterol: 40.7 mg
    Sodium: 152.9 mg
    Total Carbs: 10.4 g
    Dietary Fiber: 3.4 g
    Protein: 7.5 g


    Awesome... Thanks for that cool recipe Fitartist.
    (See, that wasn't so hard was it?)
    She creates and blogs about a recipe and you think it's too much to ask to visit the blog to retrieve it for free? That's so rude of you to blatantly go against her wishes. Geesh. I wouldn't copy/paste Mark's whole blog post on another site; I'd simply link to it, because that's largely how the interwebs work.
    Last edited by j3nn; 01-19-2013 at 06:52 PM.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

    “It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •