Thread: Hi, from a skinny guy in Florida! page

Msimmons8686 is offline Junior Member

Hi, from a skinny guy in Florida!

Primal Fuel
    Hey guys! So i'll just jump right to it. I'm 26 years old, about 115 pounds, and have had a terrible diet for most of my life. You name it, pizza, cookies, any type of junk food I would eat. I figured I could eat whatever junk I wanted just because I'm slim. I've also lead a pretty sedentary lifestyelf. I've been able to get away with this until recently, where i've started to have GI issues with constipation.

I hate feeling sick, so I've started doing research. This looks like it might be a good healthy lifestyle to adopt. I guess my main question is would this diet be suitable for someone of my body type? For others it seems to create weight loss, but would it help me in GAINING weight? Even if I stayed around the same weight, and became healthier I'd be completely fine with it. Would changing to this lifestyle complicate any constipation issues that you guys know of?

Thanks for any tips given in advance! I'm hoping to improve my quality of life by adopting this lifestyle for good

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Hi there, welcome!

I'd say that getting away from eating all of the crap that you have been and doing some exercise would help with the GI issues and constipation. Eating a diet high in fat and veggies should help loosen everything up. Though some people find they have GI issues as a result of increasing the amount of veggies, especially leafy greens, so it may be best to start small and slowly increase the amount depending on results.

As to whether you can gain weight (by which I'm assuming you mean muscle), absolutely.
    Follow the free Primal Blueprint Fitness template, eat more (primal) food than you would eat to stay where you are and it'll come. Slow and steady is best.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/