Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Palm Oil- Need a starter recipe page

Sabine is offline Senior Member

Red Palm Oil- Need a starter recipe

Shop Now
    I just bought some red palm oil. I have read that it has a very strong flavor, so I am wondering what would be a good recipe to try it with the first time. Should I go with a mild food, so I can experience the wonder that is red palm oil, or something more assertive, so I can slowly get used to it.

Suggestions?

Terry H is online now Senior Member
    All that I cd. add is that I like to saute greens in it.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Why not google West African recipes?
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Last edited by Terry H; 01-20-2013 at 03:19 PM.

IcarianVX is online now Senior Member
    I don't think it's all that bad/strong. It tastes sorta like spicy carrots (on its own) to me.
    I just add some to the top of my steak and let it melt. I don't even taste it.

I do like that Congo Cookbook, thanks for posting that.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I don't really care for the taste of red palm oil. Plus, isn't that the stuff that is causing all the loss of orangutan habitat leading to loss in numbers - or am I mixing that up with something else?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

peril is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    I don't really care for the taste of red palm oil. Plus, isn't that the stuff that is causing all the loss of orangutan habitat leading to loss in numbers - or am I mixing that up with something else?
    Yes, you're completely wrong
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post

Orangutans are found in Indonesia on the islands of Sumatra and Borneo. The red palm oil in my locale is from Ghana. If there is an ethical problem for some simply source it from elsewhere.

redbluecai is offline Junior Member
    me too, i will do it,I just add some to the top of my steak and let it melt. I don't even taste it. thank you

Mr. Koozie is offline Senior Member
    Mark did a post recently recommending the red palm oil from Africa, mainly because of the orangutan issue. The brand he recommended was Omni and it's sold on Amazon. I may get around to buying some eventually.
    “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast