Thread: Holiday struggle! page

Gibtron is offline Member

Holiday struggle!

Shop Now
    Hey people,
    Just wondered how people find they get on when they are away on holiday?
    I am currently away in Canada for two weeks, and have been Primal for 6months now which I really enjoy-once I got my head round it!
    I can feel I've gained weight since here and have also found my late night sugar cravings have returned massively and am now craving bad food
    Which I really thought I'd knocked on the head!
    I have been easily led to the sweet shop for hoards of choc every night after dinner
    I have been trying to make my choices primal, eggs for breakfast, big veggie salads for lunch minus any horrific dressings, but def succumbed to a couple of SAD meals, and having a couple of alcohol drinks every day.And diet coke-which had layed off big time!
    What does everyone else tend to do while on holiday? Do u relax a little and cope with any "damage" weight gain when back? And just do opposite to me and not OCD stress!?
    I am SUCH,SUCH a worrier and it really stresses me out and in a way it spoils my holiday as I've always struggled with my weight so much, I train really hard at home and can already feel muscles depleted-even tho bought a weight with me and been trying to do some!!

Also my horrific pre PB heartburn has returned with a vengeance and digestive probs-paaaiiiinnn!!

Suppose all just goes to show that the PB way of life works-BIG TIME!
    Any advice or inspirational words welcome!

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    when i'm on vacation, i'm on vacation from just about everything. i don't eat primal most meals, and i just get back on track when i'm back. a week or two of SAD eating isn't going to kill anyone, but adding stress instead of relaxation to a break just might. i don't seek out bad foods...i just don't avoid them. i'd rather focus my attention the experience then get back to diet and exercise later.

That's EXACTLY what I want to do-just really obsess about food and everything that find it so hard to switch off!
    Poor BF has to listen to me moaning about it most the time-how'd I'd rather eat so and so on menu but won't or how"god I'm so fat"
    About 100times a day!!
    Def need to work on the stress and relaxation part of PB-just hard when its been a way of life and thinking for so long!

Need to try to switch off and relax for rest of time, and as you said and the BF worry about it when u get back you no what to do to correct it!
    Thanks!
    "It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all,in which case you've failed by default"

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, go with what primal Rob says - don't seek out the non primal foods but no need to worry about trying to hard to avoid them either. Times like this are what the 80/20 principle is for.

It sounds like you are making mainly primal choices anyway, breakfast and lunch sound pretty great on the whole. Relax, enjoy your holiday and don't spoil it for your partner too.

Now is not the time to worry about how fat your are or aren't. It's very easy to go back to primal eating and to exercise, in fact you will find your enthusiasm renewed if you take a break from it.

PS I had great holiday in Canada last year, what a beautiful country.
    Last edited by Annieh; 01-17-2013 at 11:46 AM.

Thanks ill just try to carry on just not actively trying to find them..just sometimes hard when it comes to the choc!
    Just wish sometimes I could switch off from it easier I drive myself mad aswell as the poor bf!
    True mayb ill go back with a clearer mind when back just SO want this to work don't want it to be another failed diet,cos this time I realise this isn't a diet it's a way of life..an enjoyable one if I can just make it work!
    It's a awesome place isn't it!
    Our second trip here And absolutely LOVE it!
    NZ is on our list too
    We do a lot of travelling and I love it but just always feel sometimes I spoil it by fixating on the diet and this intense stupid fear of getting fat!
    "It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all,in which case you've failed by default"