Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burn more fat while fasted? page 2

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I would eat AFTER the walk. You might try doing the walk even before the coffee. Then you will probably not even want the bulletproof stuff and you'll probably want a smaller breakfast.

I find that strength training makes me really hungry. I usually do it before breakfast. If I have some black coffee after, I can curb my appetite enough to put off breakfast until later.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    how to burn fat efficiently:

- reduce non-vegetable carbohydrates
    - reduce total calories
    - exercise every morning while you are in a fasted state
    - eat everything within an 8 hour window between your first and last meal
    - don't snack between meals
    - reduce caffeine, alcohol consumption as much as possible
    - sleep as much as you can without getting divorced or fired
    - if you must cheat, consume after fasted workout session within one hour
    ad astra per aspera

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFastCat View Post
    how to burn fat efficiently:

- reduce non-vegetable carbohydrates
    - reduce total calories
    - exercise every morning while you are in a fasted state
    - eat everything within an 8 hour window between your first and last meal
    - don't snack between meals
    - reduce caffeine, alcohol consumption as much as possible
    - sleep as much as you can without getting divorced or fired
    - if you must cheat, consume after fasted workout session within one hour
    How does coffee affect fat burning?

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    caffeine increases cortisol: Cortisol responses to mental stress, exercise, and meals following caffeine intake in men and women

cortisol, stress are a fat burners enemy

additionally they will affect sleep quality (which helps with fat burning and managing stress)
    ad astra per aspera

Sambo712 is offline Senior Member
    It's my understanding that bulletproof coffee is a breakfast supplement that allows you to shun protein and carbs until mid afternoon, which will allow you to stay in ketosis longer. I am enjoying a mug right now, and do so most mornings, but I never have it with breakfast because it is just too many calories. If your goal is weight loss, you should probably stick with either BP coffee, or primal breakfast, but not both.

P. S. In my experience, it takes a lot more fat to get the coffee creamy with butter than it does with cream, so a regular cup of joe for me is about 200 calories, whereas a cup of BP is around 400, which is what leads to my current disposition.

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ar0e View Post
    I usually begin my mornings with a cup of bulletproof coffee and a nice primal breakfast, then take my dog on a 5 mile walk to serve as my 'move frequently at a slow pace". I was thinking this morning, would I burn more fat if I drank the bulletproof coffee then went on the walk, followed by breakfast?
    There are two types of fat:

1.) Dietary fat
    2.) Stored fat (adipose tissue)

You are always burning fat. You are only burning stored fat in a calorie deficit. If you are drinking butter before walking, you are burning dietary fat, which you will store if you consume too much. If you want to burn more stored fat, eat less dietary fat and keep your calorie intake under what you burn. A good way to do this is to not drink butter, which is counterproductive to burning stored fat
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    How does coffee affect fat burning?
    Coffee is a great way to accelerate fat burning. Coffee consumption dumps fatty acids in your blood. Caffeine's health effects are hotly debated, and clearly "too much" (whatever that means) isn't healthy, but it definitely accelerates fat burn.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    There are two types of fat:

1.) Dietary fat
    2.) Stored fat (adipose tissue)
    Well not really. For the most part you will assimilate your food into tissues then access it for energy in the ratios needed at that time. Its not like you have 2 tablespoons of butter just rolling through your blood stream after having a BP coffee that must be used before you get to use your body fat.

Hormonal profile makes a difference in your access to energy stores.

ar0e is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sambo712 View Post
    It's my understanding that bulletproof coffee is a breakfast supplement that allows you to shun protein and carbs until mid afternoon, which will allow you to stay in ketosis longer. I am enjoying a mug right now, and do so most mornings, but I never have it with breakfast because it is just too many calories. If your goal is weight loss, you should probably stick with either BP coffee, or primal breakfast, but not both.

P. S. In my experience, it takes a lot more fat to get the coffee creamy with butter than it does with cream, so a regular cup of joe for me is about 200 calories, whereas a cup of BP is around 400, which is what leads to my current disposition.

I make my bulletproof coffee with only a half a tablespoon of butter and a teaspoon of cocoa powder, I can't stomach it with anymore butter than that. With the coffee, my breakfast is about 600 calories, 40 grams of fat, 13 grams of carbs, and 30 grams of protein. I usually don't eat again until dinner time, occasionally I will have another bulletproof coffee if I am hungry in the afternoon.

Sambo712 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well it looks like you've got a pretty good breakfast plan then, I wouldn't worry about. If you want to loose weight faster, give fasting a try, but it will come off at it's own pace otherwise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12