Thread: Crazy Good Energy! page

seashells is offline Senior Member

Crazy Good Energy!

Shop Now
    I'm halfway through a whole 30 (how come the first time I decide to do this, there aren't fifteen threads titled Whole 30 January?) and I have crazy energy. I feel so crazy good, I walked, made mayo, fixed lunch, practiced my fiddle and found a recipe for tonight's dinner all before leaving for work this morning.

So now I'm at work, sitting at my computer, waiting for some work to come in and I'm wiggling in my seat like a little kid in church service. And I'm so happy! It just feels wrong that this much energy and joie de vivre should be wasted in a subdued office environment!

(I do like my job. No micromanagement, I do art, I can even watch movies while I work and when I get off work I never have to think about it)

Although I've been eating primally for awhile, this is my first whole 30. I miss coffee w cream, wine, cheese- I don't miss sweeteners, amazingly enough! But I don't miss them enough to ruin this high! I might just have to keep on keeping on....

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Good point, Whole30 hasn't been as popular around here lately. There were a ton last year. I think I started the post for the one in January, or maybe that was some other month. Who knows!

Congrats on the energy boost! Do you have any thoughts on what might've made the difference for you (in terms of what you are no longer eating)?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I went back and read a few to compare the lulls and breakthroughs, so it's not like there always has to be a thread going. A search pretty much says it all- only I was here and bored and decided to put the typing fingers to work.

I don't know! It's not that I was eating so badly before, except for a holiday free for all. The coffee ritual is so comforting, I really want to get back on it. And I miss the way cheese binds some foods. And I play Irish music so my fellow musicians are all freaked that I'm on the wagon. I hate to think that maybe only cutting out those three things are making me feel so good.

But since you made me think about, I think there's less processed food in general since I'm being so careful. The occasional bag of pork rinds, or a little more dark chocolate. 1000 Island dressing on my salads full of cheese at a restaurant. Maybe all those things had a cumulative effect even if they weren't all that common.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I wonder if it has more to do with your emotional response to knowing how you are eating. If you are mentally pleased with your diet, but still eating those occasional processed foods (and cheese, coffee, and booze), maybe you would feel more energetic? Nothing wrong with a good placebo, now and again .

I am curious what it is about the coffee ritual that attracts people. Despite having experienced constant fatigue (not diagnosed with CFS, however) for 7-8 years, more recently expunged through a regular sleep schedule and getting hormones regulated, I never picked up a caffeine habit. I know I tend to have addictive thoughts and behaviors, so I never wanted to risk it. Is it the setting aside time for thoughts and a warm drink? Is that too romantic a notion? Could it not be a similar act, but with tea or broth?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I didn't start drinking coffee until I was in my 30s- and it was because I worked at Starbucks for awhile and you could have all the coffee you wanted on the job (not one to pass up on a freebie, me, which also led to my first caffeine overdose). In training they teach you how to taste coffee and about roasting. I used to own a homebrew supply so learning these things was appealing to me. I only have the one cup in the morning now, and it's a feeling of warmth and coziness rather than a need for caffeine. So yeah, I'd go with the romance part. And on the weekends, it's particularly cozy to bring a hot creamy cup of coffee with fresh grated cinnamon and nutmeg in to share with the husband, speaking of romance.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Irish fiddle. Awesome! What's your favorite tune right now? I miss the session I used to go to (flute). I never was very good at it.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 215 x 3

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Irish fiddle. Awesome! What's your favorite tune right now? I miss the session I used to go to (flute). I never was very good at it.
    You should get back on it! LOVE the flute! Right now I guess my favorite is Redican's, just because I learned it last night. Up until then it was The Punters Graveyard. I know some west coast musicians- we might know some of the same.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    It's been a few years since we had a session and I never played with anyone famous. I suppose sometimes Gilles Apap came to the session but I never met him and I guess now and then our session played with the guys in Molly's Revenge but I was always too intimidated to play when the session got fast and furious.

I brought my pennywhistle on the Pacific Crest Trail in 2008 and 2009 and played Irish all along the way, but haven't played any Irish since. I do old-time now and play fiddle, if you can call the horrible noise I make "playing" the fiddle.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 215 x 3

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    I woke up today dreaming about my flute, I must really be missing it. I learnt it at school, stopped playing when I had children, went back to it for a bit. About three years ago I bought myself a beautiful new flute and have hardly played it since. So, time to get off the computer and go get it out and have a go. I have a cute book of irish tunes I might crack open. Thanks for the inspiration.

sbhikes- old-time is so much fun! But here we have a bigger Irish music community.

Annieh- crack it open! Irish music is like the Borg. You can go to any Irish seisiun and someone will know your tunes.