Thread: Not much of an appetite page

lala70 is offline Senior Member

Not much of an appetite

Hi there,

I have been 100% primal for about 2 1/2 weeks with the exception of butter.The first few days I was starving,well, more like craving sugar like a crazy woman! After I made it through the first few days of eating totally clean my appetite is very small! I have a hard time eating breakfast ( I always have). I usually have a protein shake. Lunch I will have a good portion of mixed greens along with some protein and a tablespoon of coconut oil.For supper I try to have a protein and some more green vegies.But the last couple of nights I have not been hungry at all and I end up just having a protein shake.I am down 6.3 pounds since Jan. 2nd, I am pleased with this! my daily average is 60-65% fat,protein around 30% and carbs around 8-10%.

cantat is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't worry too much about it unless it continues and you start feeling crappy. Sometimes, my appetite will just arbitrarily disappear. I haven't figured out what causes it, but my appetite has been very minimal since yesterday and I didn't even have dinner last night. Don't sweat it until it becomes a problem, IMO. Your body just might be on a fat-burning tear, making up for lost time or something.
    29/F
    5'4.5
    Highest weight: 220
    Starting weight: 195
    Current weight: 179
    Goal weight: 127

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cantat View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about it unless it continues and you start feeling crappy. Sometimes, my appetite will just arbitrarily disappear. I haven't figured out what causes it, but my appetite has been very minimal since yesterday and I didn't even have dinner last night. Don't sweat it until it becomes a problem, IMO. Your body just might be on a fat-burning tear, making up for lost time or something.
    Yep this. And id try to go for real food over a protein shake

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Its stupid CW that we have to eat a billion times a day or else. I think forcing yourself to eat when not hungry is worse. Coming from a long time ex-binger.

lala70 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the advice! I was thinking that it was fine not to force myself to eat when I'm not hungry.I am feeling fantastic! So I will continue to listen to my body .

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Eat when you're hungry. Real food! Not shakes :-) If you like the delivery of a shake, make smoothies out of real ingredients.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

jeeva1388 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    A decreased appetite is when you have a reduced desire to eat. ... depression, grief, or anxiety are a common cause of weight loss that is not explained by other ...