Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lala70 Primal Journal page

lala70 is offline Senior Member

Lala70 Primal Journal

Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone,

I started the Primal "diet" on January 2nd, so I am just over 2 weeks into this. I decided to go as Primal as possible
    cutting out all grains,sugar and dairy (except butter).So far everything is going great! I have managed to stick to it 100% and I feel great! The first few days I was a little bit irritable ( big understatement ). But, once I got through those first few days my mood stabilized and I started to feel fantastic. I have suffered from anxiety for the last 3 years,which has been very difficult ( I wouldn't wish this on anyone ). I find since cutting all of the crappy food out of my life I am feeling less and less anxiety. I have also given up alcohol,I am a fairly heavy drinker
    I would usually drink 3-4 times a week. I don't seem to crave it all and I am crediting my new way of eating for that.
    My husband has also decided to go Primal as well, actually he started first and I decided to join him. It is so awesome that we are doing this change together,I love that we are in the kitchen cooking together again .Ok, let me tell you a little bit about me.I am 42 years old and a mother of five, four girls and a boy! Their ages are 23,20,17,15 and 8,plus I have grandaughter that is turning 3 in March.I have always had a hard time with my weight,I have managed to stay "fluffy" most of the time.In the last couple of years I have put on around 20 pounds and am going to take it off once and for all! Since going Primal I am down 6 pounds! I am thrilled with this! I started to workout a few days ago,nothing major,I am doing 30 minutes on my treadmill on a 5% incline,a few weights and a plank (Usually around 45 seconds). I will step it up a bit shortly! I am really looking forward to all the changes to come with my new way of living!!

5'2

SW:148.3
    CW:142
    GW:120ish

Today has been a really good day! Managed to get quite of bit of stuff organised around the house. I also got my butt on the treadmill for 30 minutes,did some weights ( for my biceps) and so far have done 2 planks first one for 1:03 sec. and the second one 1:05 sec. woo hoo!!!! So far today my food has been:

Breakfast: Protein shake with coconut milk
    Lunch: shrimp,mushrooms, kale,swiss chard and spinach sauteed with coconut oil
    Supper is in the oven: Spicy paleo chicken drumsticks with steamed broccoli

The kids are having the chicken, but they are having tortellini and alfredo sauce with it (poor things).

Hi there,

Just wanted to give a quick update.I am on day 17 and have managed to stay 100% ( it has been very easy).I took my measurements on Jan.6th:

Chest 37.5
    Waist 31.5
    Abs 38
    Hips 39

As of today Jan. 19th:

Chest 37
    Waist 30
    Abs 37
    Hips 37.5

and I am down 6.3 pounds!

jeeva1388 is offline Junior Member
    Osprey Journal Eleutheria, The Scottish Poetry Review Thunderclap Calliope Nerve Poetry warrior ... La la la la la 70. .... on reading and whenever he turned the page I thought he would look right at me and smile. ...... Perhaps an excuse to break monotony Or some primal memory aroused She spooks.

Hi All,

Had a fantastic Saturday.I was awake at 5:00 am ( but I wake up that time everyday)! My youngest daughter is in competitive cheerleading and she has practice Saturday mornings(and two other times during the week).So that helps keep me busy,she has her first competition of the season coming up next Saturday(I am very excited). My husband works in the oilfield so he is away lots,he made it home last night so that was nice!! I decided because my hubby was coming home last night that I would have a light breakfast and skip lunch because I was making a big supper.

Breakfast: Protein shake with a half of banana ( I know,I know but I love my shakes)
    Lunch: I decided to skip, I wan't hungry and knew I was having a big supper
    Supper: Ribeye steak and a lobster tail (yes, I dipped the lobster in melted butter) Mixed greens sauteed in coconut oil with shrimp and mushrooms...Yummy!!!!

I weighed myself this morning,I am trying to weigh myself once a week but I have a hard time doing that! I was down another pound,which makes it a total of 7.4 in just under 3 weeks!!!
    Last edited by lala70; 01-20-2013 at 04:40 AM.

itchy166 is offline Senior Member
    The supper was great! Thank you

Nice to get a home cooked meal after a week in camp. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to stay Primal in a work camp

You are welcome! Stop by anytime !!!

jak757 is offline Member
    Looks like you are doing great -- good for you!! Keep it up.....you'll inspire many!!

Thanks jak757!
    Quote Originally Posted by jak757 View Post
    Looks like you are doing great -- good for you!! Keep it up.....you'll inspire many!!

Hi All,

Well today is 3 weeks completed at 100% primal! I weighed in this morning and I am at 142.1! I actually went up a pound since Sunday.That might have bothered me,but, I went to visit my daughter and grandaughter yesterday ( I haven't seen them since Nov.22nd). Anyway, when my daughter saw me she said "wow mom you look great"! She said she notices a big difference since she last saw me.I also noticed that a yoga jacket that I bought last month is fitting me much looser . Hard to believe that I can notice a difference in my clothes over a 6.2 weight lose.I am very pleased with my results so far,and I am looking forward to all to the changes yet to come .

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast