Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lala70 Primal Journal page 2

lala70 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi All,

Day 25 and all is well! Have stayed 100% primal (again,it hasn't been hard). Well today is my daughter's first cheer competition of the season,and I am very excited .I am going to eat right before I leave the house and take some raw veggies to snack on in case I get hungry while I am there. I am sure that there will be lots of non-primal food there to eat,but, I am committed and will make good choices!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lala70 View Post
    Hi All,

Day 25 and all is well! Have stayed 100% primal (again,it hasn't been hard). Well today is my daughter's first cheer competition of the season,and I am very excited .I am going to eat right before I leave the house and take some raw veggies to snack on in case I get hungry while I am there. I am sure that there will be lots of non-primal food there to eat,but, I am committed and will make good choices!
    great job on the eating and good luck on the competition!

lu
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    great job on the eating and good luck on the competition!

lu

itchy166 is offline Senior Member
    Tell our little cheerleader to relax and have fun! Dad's thinking of you both
    "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

Hi All,

Well I made it through the first cheer competition (my daughter's team took 2nd place). The smell of popcorn and other non-primal food lingered through the building (have to admit the popcorn smelled amazing ).But, I had packed a bag of baby carrots and while I watched others scarfing down handfuls of unhealthy food,I just nibbled on some carrots . A month ago I would have been fighting for spot in the hot dog line up.I found it quite easy to not to submit to the unhealthy food that surrounded me . I am also considering doing the whole 30 challenge.The problem is that I have a slight addiction to protein shakes.I have read that you cannot have have them on the whole 30.I was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas on some ideas on some shakes that would be acceptable while doing the whole 30? I will have hard time not weighing myself,but really need to "detox" myself from my scale.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Hi lala!

Congratulations to your daughter on her placing in competition! I have four girls, myself. And to YOU for winning vs. the hot dogs!

Just started to read your journal - Absolutely wonderful to have a husband-wife team committed to this. Mine is nominally Primal - I cook that way, so he eats that way... but he tries when out on week-long business trips, and it is showing positively for him.

Yeah, I am that chick from over on your husband's journal going on about fracking... But it is so very nice to talk to someone sane in the industry, because here it has been all about how deep can the bullshit go, so I intend to wear him out a little more on the topic.

I did a Whole30 October '12 - the lack of dairy nearly killed me, but it was good for me. Are you sure you are ready for that step so soon? Hope today is a good one!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Hi there and thanks for the congrats on my daughter!
    I am basically doing the whole 30 right now (I think).I have cut out grains,sugar and dairy withe the exception of butter.The only thing is the dreaded weakness for protein shakes ( I prefer to drink my breakfast ). The scales are my other issue ( I can't seem to quit weighing myself daily)!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Hi lala!

Congratulations to your daughter on her placing in competition! I have four girls, myself. And to YOU for winning vs. the hot dogs!

Just started to read your journal - Absolutely wonderful to have a husband-wife team committed to this. Mine is nominally Primal - I cook that way, so he eats that way... but he tries when out on week-long business trips, and it is showing positively for him.

Yeah, I am that chick from over on your husband's journal going on about fracking... But it is so very nice to talk to someone sane in the industry, because here it has been all about how deep can the bullshit go, so I intend to wear him out a little more on the topic.

I did a Whole30 October '12 - the lack of dairy nearly killed me, but it was good for me. Are you sure you are ready for that step so soon? Hope today is a good one!

Hi All,

Well yesterday marked 4 weeks of 100% primal! I weighed myself this morning and I am at 141.8 (I started at 148.3).I have to say I am a little disappointed, I thought I would be down a little more then that in 4 weeks after giving up grains,dairy,sugar and alcohol. I thought with just not having drinks for a month that I would be down more then that ( I drank quite a bit,usually 3 nights a week).The only thing I can think is that protein shakes might be stalling me. I usually have one protein shake in the morning mixed with coconut milk ( I know,I know, but I am addicted ). I am also calorie restricting, I try to keep my calories under 1500 per day and my carbs under 30 grams per day.I am not sure what I am doing wrong here. Any suggestions would be great!

sarahelyse is offline Member
    Congrats on the weight loss!!

Quote Originally Posted by sarahelyse View Post
    Congrats on the weight loss!!
    Thank you!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast