Thread: Sugar withdrawl page

Lisa is offline Junior Member

Sugar withdrawl

Shop Now
    I'm just starting out. Mostly for weightloss but the more I read the more I think it's for all round good health.

Anyway... I'm a big sugar consumer. I love it! Will I feel withdrawl symptoms if I stop eating/drinking things with sugar? I am gradually cutting down rather than going cold turkey. I've also cut out bread so far.

I'm only 5 days in and I've noticed I've had a few headaches and have been a bit grumpy and I am having trouble getting to sleep. Is this food related or just me? Anyone else felt bad before they felt good?

Richard Seekins is offline Senior Member
    It deffo takes a few weeks to adjust. I had headaches and felt a bit off for a while after the few weeks I felt great. Still do three months in.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, quitting sugar made me angry. It took about a week. Fine first day, tired/headachey day 2-4 and then very, very angry day 5 and 6. Then a few more days of tired then BLAMMO, energizer bunny.

The anger part is scary. LOL, I lost a few "friends" that needed to go.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Lisa is offline Junior Member
    My poor kids are on school holiday at the moment. They are walking on eggshells today and I've only cut down!
    I used to have a cup of very milky tea with 2 sugars maybe 4-6 times a day. Today I've cut down to one tea spoon of sugar and only had morning and afternoon cup.