Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Considering Dietary Change from raw veganism - Any help please? page 9

Peace x is offline Member
    Hi Badger Girl

Thank you for your insightful and thought provoking message. It got me thinking.

I've always been one to go through food fads, and by that I mean I will crave and really enjoy something and often end up eating it daily for a while then changing onto something totally different. I've always thought of it as listening to my body and giving it what it asks for. At the moment that seems to be mainly eggs, avocados and zucchini - I could eat those all day but I'm just having them with my evening meal to ensure a great degree of variety over the day.

There is probably a touch of truth in what you say but I'm thankful that I'm no way near as bad and obsessive as I have been in the past. Setting myself little challenges is what I've been trying to do. This week I've tried tuna, cod roe (yuk), cottage cheese (stomach pain) and on tomorrow's menu is freshly dressed crab! I've also got some smoked mackerel to try.

One thing I need to do is replace the food thoughts with more things that I enjoy - such as walking, reading, yoga, massage. As you say things that I can 'do' for me rather than the only pleasure I have in a day being my evening meal for example.

I appreciate you taking the time to post your thoughts, it has got me thinking and questioning what I want form my diet, myself and my life - thank you.

Peace x

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    I skipped half this thread when it went off topic, but I wanted to say that I think what others have said is really good however I want to emphasize the suggestion to take digestive enzymes with your meals. I think you would need them for less than 6 months, but this could make a huge difference for you during this transition period. I don't know what is available in your area but I really like the Garden of Life Omega Zymes which are a very broad spectrum enzyme mix.

I also just finished reading The Perfect Health Diet, which I really recommend and might be a great read for you at this time. It really addresses eating in a way that is perfectly meeting all of our nutritional needs. I think his supplement recommendations are a bit too much, but the first section on food is absolutely fantastic and has taken my primal diet to one that feels even better for me.

Best of luck on this journey. You are far from being the first raw vegan that showed up over here needing to heal

Peace x is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi Paleo Mom

Thank you for your digestive enzyme advice, I will certainly look into this.

I've taken a look at the Perfect Health Diet forum and it certainly has some interesting articles and views to consider.

It's still early days so I'll probably need to try a few things first to find out what works best for my body.

Thanks again

Peace x

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789