Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Considering Dietary Change from raw veganism - Any help please? page 8

Peace x is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi YogaBare

Thank you for sharing your personal experiences, it's good to hear I'm not the only one who has had such challenges.
    I'm not one to binge on unhealthy processed food but I have been know to eat large quantities of fruit, nuts, veggies and dairy.

Legumes, grains and most fruit hold no interest for me so I cannot see myself eating those. Berries are about the only fruit I fancy so will probably try these (especially blueberries).

I'm going to get some yogurt later today - weather permitting as it is snowing here! Thank you for the info on YeoValley. I'm going to start with goats and see how I go and may progress to cows yogurt if my body asks for it. I tried it once and ended up eating the entire 500g pot, and that was after a large meal, so it is hard to say how it affected me. Not sure whether I was craving the nutrients in it or whether my body was just craving nutrients period. I'll let you know how I get on when I try it again.

The only other people I know who got sick eating this way are the ones I've read about on the internet. Any information you can get would be much appreciated.

Thank you again, YogaBare

Peace x

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Pleasure, seriously It sounds like you are going through a rough time. Be gentle with yourself!

I just dropped the CM woman an email, will see what she says
    x
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Thank you YogaBare, you are kind x

SeaHorse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Also you might want to try things that are more processed that are easier to digest like white breads, white potatoes, white rice, ice cream, etc. these things may seem bad but in the context of getting your metabolism up and hormones going, these are very powerful foods.
    They are real powerful foods. And not primal at all. Actually these are the powerful reason for the problems my family and I had. I wouldn't even look at them. Avoid grains and sugar first of all.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    So much emotion in this thread. I think Zach and Derp are truly interested in helping people if some people would just put their biases and egos aside for a moment to let what they are saying penetrate. They're not trolls. Any rational person can see they really are trying to teach others something that's relevant to Primal/Paleo.

We're not all the same, exactly right. Let them have their say without attacking them as being not Primal enough, whatever that means. In the context of optimal health, I'm interested in learning all the facts and findings, not just some.
    Thank you j3nn ♥
    I'm not attacking them but I don't think it's right they say we wil all benefit for there way. I'm not even saying that.
    You're not attacking us? You've said multiple times we need to get a life, and that we're "stupid idiot trolls" when we're just posting our opinions. Pretty sure this constitutes a personal attack. Not only that, but you feel the need to routinely insert yourself in things that don't even involve you(poor Zach)

Sorry for the thread derailment OP, I'd like to give you legitimate advice but Zach said it all imo
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Hi Derpamix

Thank you for your input.

Everything has been insightful and informative.

Peace x

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peace x View Post
    Hi Derpamix

Thank you for your input.

Everything has been insightful and informative.

Peace x
    Hi Peace,
    Sorry for derailing you thread. I will not be letting these people get to me now.

Good luck with it all, and hope you can find a solution that works for you

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Hi peace x...

I think the best advice I've read on this thread is to start with the Primal Blueprint 101 and give it a few months. Read some more books like Primal Body, Primal Mind and The Perfect Health Diet. Once you have been Primal (Mark's way) for some time then you can make some teaks based on YOU and what you feel is right for YOU. Some people feel better on lower carbs and some feel better on higher carbs. If you look at Mark's carb curve there are different ranges for different groups of people and you'll have to see where you feel the best.

Good luck to you and keep us updated!

Hi Healthy11

Good plan!

I'll will most definitely let you know how things are going.

Thanks for your help.

Peace x

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Hi Peace x,
    I've been thinking a lot about you and, if it's not out of place, I was wondering if what you really need to do is give yourself permission to experiment with abundance. My train of thought went something like - raw vegan for health rather than ethical reasons; feels best on what sounds like very restricted diets, perhaps a victim of 'nocebo food thinking'... perhaps your body is crying out for simply a less narrow range of foods? Forgive me if this is presumptuous.

If this even remotely resonates, I'd suggest setting yourself little weekly challenges to cook a new (primal) recipe, try a new ingredient or not repeat an ingredient for a whole week.

It can be very easy for certain personality types (those of us attracted to doctrinaire eating - vegan, say, or primal) to divide up food into 'good' and 'bad' on quite an arbitrary basis and than look for further distinctions (raw vegan, HFLC primal, for instance) for the next little psychological boost... and then, before we know it, we're only eating organic, washed in virgin's tears, grown by fasting yogis, harvested on full-moon Sabbaths in months containing the letter D...turnip stalks and goat turds. Unsurprisingly, eventually, the body rebels.

Anyway, perhaps I'm a million miles off base. Please let us know what new things you learn along the way.

All best,
    BG

ETA: I also thought that if you have, in the past, got a big boost from thinking that your way of eating is either ethically of in terms of health (not to say it isn't important for those reasons, I just don't think food is EVERYTHING) superior or 'clean' or whatever...you might want to think about things that you can *do* rather than *consume* that might give you a similar buzz. Again, this might tell you more about how *I* think than have anything to do with the challenges you currently face. I suppose I was thinking that the usual food issues probably don't apply for you - willpower, living within a restrictive framework, overcoming the urge to cheat - and that led me to all these other thoughts.
    Last edited by badgergirl; 01-19-2013 at 01:41 AM.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast