Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Considering Dietary Change from raw veganism - Any help please? page 6

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Sounds like you're doing real well. Well, I won't pretend to know you and it's useless to discuss this with someone that reacts this way and turns a blind eye to cellular metabolism.

Good luck with your endeavors.
    Stalker much?
    I posted this in another thread talking to people who are not idiots.
    Why bring it over here? That is not cool

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    This forum doesn't move that fast, don't flatter yourself. If you want to discuss things in private, there are means to do so.

Or you can just join a low carb irc channel to shake with anger with your fellow stressed out kin
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

I don't expect privacy but I don't see why you needed to bring a post from another thread here

Well, it was relevant. You're getting far too worked up here.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

I'm angry because you both think you are right for every single person and you are not

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Well, it was relevant. You're getting far too worked up here.
    Relevant how? I'm human and I have emotions

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    I'm angry because you both think you are right for every single person and you are not
    I was just trying to give the OP advice. You are the one who had to add several disclaimers to follow our posts and then turn it into this mess.

It also seems you think I'm lying about my experience, and that makes me mad too. I know my body.

No offense, but if you know your body, how did you get it in such bad shape in the first place? You're figuring out your body, you don't do that by flipping out and ignoring potentially good information to consider.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    I would like to see updates for these "success stories". Its easy to go from eating like crap to eating whole foods and reducing carb intake to lose weight. Hell i did it as well. The bad part comes months later, maybe even a year or two later. You sure dont see too many people who have kept with it that long and are actually in good health and shape. Almost everyone is now acknowledging the importance of at least a moderate amount of carbohydrate in the diet for long term health. If anything LC was a quick fad that got reignited by hype and has died back down once so many people realized how damaging it can be. Im sure even the Inuit would tell you to not eat like them.
    I've been doing this for more than two years now.

My carb count is technically "LC" because it's below 50%. It's usually 20-30% (depends upon the day/week/month/season). I eat a variety of carbohydrates -- veggies, fruit, potatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkin/squash. I do occasionally have sugar (ie, chocolate, ice cream, cookies, cakes -- usually less than 5% of my annual intake, and probably far less than that). On those days, my carb intake might be up to as much as 40%. Still, technically, LC.

My husband is more strict than I am, too. He's less likely to have sugar, really. He's been WAPF with a paleo bent since 2001. That's when his friend "Dave" put him on what we call the "dave diet" which was effectively -- veggies, meat, oil, no more than one fruit per day. Sweet potato or WAPF-style bread after work-out days (twice a week). DH was able to gain muscle without gaining fat, and so he continued to stick with it. It was essentially LC, but we never really noticed because of the two "carb re-feed" days.

Then, DH went to a naturopath to solve some things, and she took him of dairy and gluten. He's ok on butter, ok with rice, but more than that and his various symptoms crop up. He's done a modified GAPS as part of the healing process, plus a whole herbal/gut die-off thing, and now he's on the third leg of the protocol.

So, we've been primal/paleo now for 2+ years. We're both fit, healthy, and lean. We started IF about 3 months ago now, which has been awesome. The naturopath has also put us on a juicing process, which shouldn't increase our carbs (we'll just take veg out of one meal, and make the green drink/veg instead). Not that the carbs matter to me per se. . .

But, yes, so far it's doing really well. If it isn't, then we'd probably just add in more starchy carbs and the like. I think it's totally possible to do paleo as a high-carb. I don't think it requires processed sugar and grains.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast