Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things that happen as you're losing weight page

YogaBare is offline Senior Member

Things that happen as you're losing weight

Primal Fuel
    Has anyone noticed a trend in random things that happen to them physically as they're dropping weight?

For example, I've noticed that I'll experience an increase in appetite, pee a lot more frequently, my stomach will bloat (and then whoosh down), and my sleep will get worse.

Anyone else?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Best thing ever. Got into the car and the steering wheel felt far away. I thought someone had moved the seat, but the pedals weren't far away. It was just me shrinking and so not as close to the steering wheel.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Has anyone noticed a trend in random things that happen to them physically as they're dropping weight?

For example, I've noticed that I'll experience an increase in appetite, pee a lot more frequently, my stomach will bloat (and then whoosh down), and my sleep will get worse.

Anyone else?
    Have not noticed this as yet, but I have read others saying a similar thing. Trying hard to pay attention for if something like this is noticeable.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    my clothes just get bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Best thing ever. Got into the car and the steering wheel felt far away. I thought someone had moved the seat, but the pedals weren't far away. It was just me shrinking and so not as close to the steering wheel.
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    my clothes just get bigger.
    Lol. okay smart alecs But I'm talking about the period of time just before you've lost some weight. The weight loss always seems to happen overnight, but over my frequent fluctuations I've noticed that there are little things my body seems to do to prepare to lose weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Have not noticed this as yet, but I have read others saying a similar thing. Trying hard to pay attention for if something like this is noticeable.
    That's interesting - I never heard anyone mentioning these things before! Apart from a friend who I was travelling with who went on Primal for two weeks and noticed he was peeing a lot more than normal. You mentioned that you're dropping weight though Ayla?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

I have, first week 1.4 kg, second week 700g (since going HFLC), not huge numbers, but its a downward trend.
    I have actually felt my belly going all soft though, its huge (just over 1 m around 40 inches approx). It was kinda hard before.
    This is coming back to primal after 7 months of not at all, then 2 months of half assed attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    I have, first week 1.4 kg, second week 700g (since going HFLC), not huge numbers, but its a downward trend.
    I have actually felt my belly going all soft though, its huge (just over 1 m around 40 inches approx). It was kinda hard before.
    This is coming back to primal after 7 months of not at all, then 2 months of half assed attempts.
    Now that you mention - I've noticed the tummy hard / tummy soft thing too. I think when it's hard it's fluid we're feeling? Then we lose that and we're left feeling the soft fat and skin?

Congrads on your weight loss btw! Even long journey begins with one step right?

- Ray Peat

Now that you mention - I've noticed the tummy hard / tummy soft thing too. I think when it's hard it's fluid we're feeling? Then we lose that and we're left feeling the soft fat and skin?

Congrads on your weight loss btw! Even long journey begins with one step right?
    Thanks
    I think you are right about the fluid.
    Yep one step, its just not exciting as ive lost this weight 3 other times before, but will be exciting more so when I get to a new low BUt I know this way its permanent so all good.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Now, that you have said it..... I have been experiencing these things...... now I am just hoping to have the whoosh also!
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Stretchmarks. If I start losing weight due to stress (I either under or overeat when stressed), I'll find preexisting stretchmarks going BRIGHT pink or pale red. Then I know to eat more.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast