Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Things that happen as you're losing weight page 2

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I think the hunger thing is hormonal, especially if you lose a large percentage of your bodyweight. I know I should bookmark when I read stuff like that, but dang, my bookmarks are already a tragic unwieldy mess.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    The primary thing I've noticed is where I'm losing fat from. Before I went primal, I tended to lose fat sort of all over, and it didn't really show up very quickly that I'd lost weight. Since going primal, I seem to be losing belly fat primarily. My belly be getting flat! I'm digging that.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Has anyone noticed a trend in random things that happen to them physically as they're dropping weight?

For example, I've noticed that I'll experience an increase in appetite, pee a lot more frequently, my stomach will bloat (and then whoosh down), and my sleep will get worse.

Anyone else?
    Yes - these symptoms can be caused by release of various toxins dumped in fat cells. Hence it's best to ditch the scales once you are down to the last 10-20 lbs fat left to lose as these toxins can cause rapid weight fluctuations and other symptoms (I additionally experience attacks of low blood pressure).
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Has anyone noticed a trend in random things that happen to them physically as they're dropping weight?

For example, I've noticed that I'll experience an increase in appetite, pee a lot more frequently, my stomach will bloat (and then whoosh down), and my sleep will get worse.

Anyone else?
    I started noticing all these things once my weight dropped from the overweight range to the top edge of the normal range. The hunger I got right away, the sleeping and peeing effects I didn't attribute to weight loss. Hmm...I should maybe pay closer attention to odd little things. I now can feel ovulation and my breasts are very tender between ovulation and menses. When overweight, I had a lot of symptoms of PCOS and difficulty conceiving my 2nd child, so it makes sense that my cycle is more physically clear to me now.

One thing I found very interesting as I got closer to a normal weight is that my weight loss and size loss were no longer well-synced. I weigh every day (it's comforting to me, I'm not gonna stop, don't bother lecturing me, lol) and I will go a week to a month with no drop on the scale, even though I swear my pants are getting looser. Then several days in a row I will lose a pound a day and feel like my new weight finally matches my body. When I was fatter, the weight came off much more steadily.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12