Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grok's life expectancy? page 2

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Infant mortality was the main cause of low life expectancy for all of history, not just Paleolithic era. Those who survived past infancy typically live til a healthy old age.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    She got the 35 years because that's an average. You've got a huge pile of dead babies and clumsy kids who end up as midnight snacks dragging the number down, and then a bunch of healthy adults making it into old age, but not enough of them to pull the number back up.
    My little sister would have been one of them. Tasty tasty midnight snack.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

peril is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    I'll have to ask her where she got the 35yrs from.
    She also tells me that the link between meat eating and heart disease is undeniable. I'm not into reading "studies" and ""statistics" so really don't know where she gets her info. (she just sounds so knowlegable and convincing)

Can someone direct me to some info about meat not causing heart attacks? Anything here I could be reading to better educate myself? (and argue with her some more)
    You don't find negative studies like that. Really, she is making the claim. The onus on her is to substantiate it. Call bullshit
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I would like to know, what did Methuselah eat?
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Lisa is offline Junior Member
    So I did a quick google search and found that there are lots of studies that say saturated fat=cardiovascualr disease...
    But there were just as many that said there was no increased risk of CVD with consumption of saturated fats.

Lisa is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    I would like to know, what did Methuselah eat?
    I'm an athiest but I've heard stories he was a vegetarian.

Timthetaco Guest
    If it makes you feel any better... OurResearch

It's not even about Grok. Hunter gatherers still exist today. Anyone could watch a documentary and find several members of a tribe well over middle age. Assuming they have enough resources in their environment, and even with extremely limited resources, HGs don't suffer any metabolic diseases you expect to see in agricultural society.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Average life expectancy is lowered by infant mortality. About half the population would have been dying of illness and injury before they were 13.

We see similar problems in modern hunter-gatherers, who have high infant mortality due to illness and injury. They all eat "primally" and have no modern medicine. As a modern hunter-gatherer, if you're alive at 21, you'll almost certainly live into your 70s and probably into your 80s. This is with no modern medicine and no "retirement".
    Or, to sum it up: there are octogenarian tribesmen out there, hunting and fighting, eating primally and managing WITHOUT medicine to "save" them.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12