Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: stopping yourself from cheating....how'd you do it??? page

goinggrok is offline Senior Member

stopping yourself from cheating....how'd you do it???

Shop Now
    Ok, so was doing really well till Christmas.

Trying to get back to being diligent in eating without cheats. I get about 4 days in then bam a lil stress etc and I eat 4 cookies.

How'd do you deal with your cheating and evenutally becoming true to yourself and primal?

A lot of posters here suggest just making it a one-meal slip-up and move on, and I really like that suggestion. After the cookie binge it can be so easy to say, "Well, today's shot. I'll be good tomorrow" and then keep eating ridiculous things all day. Worse, a day can turn into a week. "Monday. Yup, I'll definitely go primal this Monday. " That kind of thinking is what gave so many of us the extra weight we are trying to lose.

Darwin17 is offline Senior Member
    It depends on the why. Are you doing this because you have a disease? Are you doing it to loose weight? How does your body react when you cheat?

If you are just doing it for weight loss don't kill yourself over some cookies. If it is for something different like a disease or you react then act like an adult and stop. Read up on it, get some books and learn the science behind it. Something like the Paleo Solution or Nourishing Traditions are both good ones to check out that are good reads and understandable.

katiepotato is offline Member
    Remember 80/20. If you indulge in something non-Primal, enjoy it and go back to eating clean afterwards (as in next meal as Jen says, not three days later after a massive junk/grain/sugar binge!). If you know you're going to feel guilty afterwards, save yourself the hassle and just don't eat it.

You don't say how long you've been Primal; I am still relatively new (7 months) but for me, the longer I live this way, the less I want to eat cookies, breads etc. There are so many amazing "treats" which are Primal, and plenty of options for "sensible indulgences" too.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Some people can't do 80/20 like myself.
    If I eat some garbage, it leads to wanting more of it.
    I found once I increased my fats to 70% the urges for crap went away, and I could pass up a table full of junk as I was just not hungry and had no desire to eat.
    This is coming from someone who binged for 13 years.

Ally415 is offline Senior Member
    What has worked for me in the past is to learn about how bad the processed ingredients are to consume. After reading about it I never want to eat it. Or I would make something delicious and rich out of all natural ingredients that is a healthier version of the cookies you were craving and eat as much as I want. However, you would get full fast
    My Health and Nutrition Blog
    @ VIBRANTE
    http://viibrante.wordpress.com/

Ally415 is offline Senior Member
    Another thing! move around. Stay active. It helps to curb cravings for dense bad foods.
    My Health and Nutrition Blog
    @ VIBRANTE
    http://viibrante.wordpress.com/

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    When I was new, I stuffed my face full of so much real food that there wasn't much room left for fake food. Especially almonds, they were my ever-present sidekick. Eventually, after a few months, my malnutrition was resolved (liver is a must, do not deprive your body of liver!) and my appetite naturally faded to what it's supposed to be. I still eat big, but nothing like I did on SAD.

I eat clean for weeks at a time without thinking about it. But, if it's chocolate, I might think about it. Not wheat, ever, I've paid my dues on the pain train enough times to know better now.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

SeaHorse is offline Senior Member
    I don't buy anything wrong. So if I want some snack, there is only good food around. For X-mas we had pork, cauliflower, broccoli, mushrooms, pineapples with whipped chocolate cream (just cream and cocoa), almonds, fruit, berries, red wine, coffee. The pantry was cleaned from the wrong foods a while ago and no temptation to use them, they simply are not there.
    If somebody else offers me sweets I take a small bit, but am sorry already a short while after, my body doesn't like sugar any more. I have learned that now and am more careful next time.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    I'm at where I want to be, so if I have an insatiable craving for some sweets, I let myself. I eat all I want, think welp, that was a bad idea because I'm bloated and jittery now, then sleep it off and hit the gym the next day. It doesn't kill you if you limit your indulgences to once or twice a week. I'm a small person and any small changes become really obvious, trust me when I say that it's ok to let go once in awhile. A pound or two is easy to gain and lose.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast