Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird's Adventures in Carnivorousness page 9

TCOHTom is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I did some digging into Jaminet's claims about scurvy. He says he got this a result of a VLC diet including lots of veggies, NOT a ZC diet.

Also if a ZC diet really causes scurvy, why were all the traditional Inuit not dead?
    Paul Jaminet also developed scurvy on a VLC diet, which gave us the PHD ?

Melissa posts about their traditional diet here: inuit | Melissa McEwen on food anthropology, economics, and culture

If the older posts are archived on ZIOH look up 'Chris Norton' for some interesting input. He was ZC for years and still is VLC, as posted here: » zero carb - Unleash The Beef
    Last edited by TCOHTom; 01-17-2013 at 07:16 PM.
    Retirement has afforded me the ultimate affluence, that of free time (Sahlins/Wells)

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I did some digging into Jaminet's claims about scurvy. He says he got this a result of a VLC diet including lots of veggies, NOT a ZC diet. He says the problem was the lack of starches but maybe it was the inclusion of the veggies. All of those plant anti-nutrients could have been binding up the nutrient absorption he needed.

Also if a ZC diet really causes scurvy, why were all the traditional Inuit not dead?
    Vitamin C is in certain organs. I believe the adrenal gland, maybe even liver? Also it was in blubber or something with raw sea mammals.

Paleobird Guest
    Interesting links about the Inuit from POV's other than the ZIOH site. So much of the ethnography of that region and people is second or third hand at best. I think the main thing that can be said with any certainty is that their diet was mainly meat but included some plant matter around the edges. Kind of like mine.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Yes, liver contains vitamin C...
    Chicken liver for instance, 1oz has about 13% DV.
    Pork is about the same.

A cup of 10% fat multi-strain greek yogurt has 25% DV of you'd like a rich little dairy treat too...
    C isn't that hard to get from easily digestible places... and without starch.

I have a local source for organic pastured adrenals, but I can never find any nutrition info on them.
    Last edited by cori93437; 01-17-2013 at 09:11 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    OMG seriously someone shoot me now! Why do I let idiots get to me like that. They are wrong. I have to go and do my exam, and I am shaking with rage. I think I won't be around for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    OMG seriously someone shoot me now! Why do I let idiots get to me like that. They are wrong. I have to go and do my exam, and I am shaking with rage. I think I won't be around for a few days.
    Breathe.... laugh at them... shake it off.
    They are the dogmatic fools.
    You have to do what is good for you.
    Remember, some people are only on this forum to be argumentative... this isn't even their lifestyle.
    They are just here to poke people, no other reason.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I'm a dogmatic fool? That's pretty funny. I haven't even tried to give this person any sort of advice or tell her how to eat because it's pointless. She's probably the most childish uncivil person I've ever had the displeasure of exchanging forum posts with.

She asked a question, I answered her. Why ask the question if the answer you know you're going to get is going to cause you to throw a tantrum or ignore any response that isn't the one you want to hear?
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I'm a dogmatic fool? That's pretty funny. I haven't even tried to give this person any sort of advice or tell her how to eat because it's pointless. She's probably the most childish uncivil person I've ever had the displeasure of exchanging forum posts with.

She asked a question, I answered her. Why ask the question if the answer you know you're going to get is going to cause you to throw a tantrum or ignore any response that isn't the one you want to hear?
    I answered her above remark about being frustrated... I assume it was from a different thread and you have followed her over here to bother her further? Because I don't see any Q&A right here that would indicate this interaction...

My "dogmatic fools" remark was a GUESS as she was referring to people ripping on HFLC again... which is completely ridiculous... and I actually figured is was other forum members (not you) but it pretty much applies any way because you believe in a different set of principle and tend to pick at anything that does not fit into those.
    Also, the rest of my response is spot on in this case.

This forum is supposed to be welcoming to a wide range of eating styles that fit withing the Primal/Paleo umbrella and HFLC is one of those styles.
    It works quite well for many of us.
    I'm all for you following the diet that works for you, milk and juice and whatever... I don't try to tell you to eat more meat and fat. If you had a question I would not answer it 100% counter to the diet I know you follow, I would take your preference into account.
    How about respecting people enough to do the same for them.

I have know idea what thread the argument ensued in... and I'm not interested.
    But don't play daft.
    And following someone to another thread... WTF... stalker weirdness.
    Last edited by cori93437; 01-17-2013 at 09:56 PM.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    How do you stalk someone on an internet forum? I don't get it. There are like 3 topics being posted in all day. Do other people not click through various threads? I only commented because I thought it was funny she retreated to this thread to seek coddling and try to talk about me behind my back. If she mentions me, I automatically have a right to reply to anything said. Or "stalk".

If anything her bitching in here is just derailing this topic for no reason.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    How do you stalk someone on an internet forum? I don't get it. There are like 3 topics being posted in all day. Do other people not click through various threads? I only commented because I thought it was funny she retreated to this thread to seek coddling and try to talk about me behind my back. If she mentions me, I automatically have a right to reply to anything said. Or "stalk".

If anything her bitching in here is just derailing this topic for no reason.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast