Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird's Adventures in Carnivorousness page 47

Giantsbran is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by gdot View Post
    Because it is our understanding 'round here that the low fat, high carb diet that America has been following for the past 30 years is a total failure.

May I ask what your particular concerns are?
    America following a low fat diet?? Hahaahahahah

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Pure carnivorous predators are endangered species here at MDA nowadays, almost extinct…
    Whoever fights trolls should see to it that in the process he does not become a troll - for when you gaze long enough into the computer screen, the computer screen will gaze back into you!
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

Annlee is offline Senior Member
    I'm still keto (!! -- 1.5+ years in). I occasionally indulge in salads or (when eating out) steamed veggies. They're relatively benign, after all. I just don't expect any real nutrition from them, so I'm not disappointed. (Bear in mind - plants are built of cells, whose walls - unlike the cell walls of animal cells - are made of cellulose ... and humans don't make cellulase. I don't need to feed gut bacteria just so I can have gut bacteria digesting the indigestible for me. I don't have to eat the indigestible.)

I do eat organs () several times per week ... in the form of eggs, containing all the nutrients needed to build that chicken liver that's so nutritious. Dairy doesn't bother me, so I have heavy cream and cheese nearly daily.

I am still doing a slow body recomposition, based mostly on diet, given my insane work schedule (LAST WEEK !!! NEW JOB STARTS MONDAY !!!) and intermittent exercise. Through it all, my mental energy is steady as a rock.

NK works - don't need Resistant Starch, either. I don't dispute it may have therapeutic value for others. Just not for me.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantsbran View Post
    So is the ultimate goal here to get cancer and be riddled with chronic disease?

Can't think of any other reason why one would adopt a diet like this....
    meat gives you cancer?

tell me more of this, for i am riddled with curiosity
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

TQP
    TQP is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annlee View Post
    I'm still keto (!! -- 1.5+ years in). I occasionally indulge in salads or (when eating out) steamed veggies. They're relatively benign, after all. I just don't expect any real nutrition from them, so I'm not disappointed. (Bear in mind - plants are built of cells, whose walls - unlike the cell walls of animal cells - are made of cellulose ... and humans don't make cellulase. I don't need to feed gut bacteria just so I can have gut bacteria digesting the indigestible for me. I don't have to eat the indigestible.)

I do eat organs () several times per week ... in the form of eggs, containing all the nutrients needed to build that chicken liver that's so nutritious. Dairy doesn't bother me, so I have heavy cream and cheese nearly daily.

I am still doing a slow body recomposition, based mostly on diet, given my insane work schedule (LAST WEEK !!! NEW JOB STARTS MONDAY !!!) and intermittent exercise. Through it all, my mental energy is steady as a rock.

NK works - don't need Resistant Starch, either. I don't dispute it may have therapeutic value for others. Just not for me.
    Cows ONLY eat grass (and other plants)...and they can't digest cellulose without bacteria either... so not sure what your point is? We shouldn't eat plants because we don't have a way to digest plants minus gut flora? :-O

Not saying you can't do ketosis, just curious as to your reasoning behind it all...

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Most of the people who still just follow the plan (because basically it works) don't need to post in every thread and dance around. Last time I posted a poll was when the Zachettes were all doing their dance. Most people who answered the poll were still doing paleo/primal, though you couldn't tell by the posts in the forum.

A lot of noise doesn't indicate a following. It just indicates prolific posters who make a lot of noise.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joaniel View Post
    being a douche bag is easy; being a helpful human being takes strength. This forum was made less when pbird left it. As it was made less with many others who left. To the douche bags out there, i say, i bet you are cowards in real life and use the internet to grow what you think is a pair.
    x10000

TQP
    Oh give it a rest with your passive aggressive comments Joanie. I don't understand why you have to be so grumpy 100% of the time. Brighten up.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Pure carnivorous predators are endangered species here at MDA nowadays, almost extinct…
    Not if you were to go back and read the comments for Mark's recent blog on why we need plant foods in the diet and that was just from a few weeks ago. I would say over 75% of the comments were something along the lines of "Mark, plant foods are not necessary! Have you ever eaten liver? This is bullshit!" If it wasn't how they're unnecessary, it was about how fruits and veggies are yucky tasting and only meats and eggs taste good enough to actually eat.

Of course, they ALL took him out of context, but... That's another story.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

TQP
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Not if you were to go back and read the comments for Mark's recent blog on why we need plant foods in the diet and that was just from a few weeks ago. I would say over 75% of the comments were something along the lines of "Mark, plant foods are not necessary! Have you ever eaten liver? This is bullshit!" If it wasn't how they're unnecessary, it was about how fruits and veggies are yucky tasting and only meats and eggs taste good enough to actually eat.

Of course, they ALL took him out of context, but... That's another story.
    Lol.

BUT THOSE ARE THE TRUE BELIEVERS.

Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast