Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird's Adventures in Carnivorousness page 46

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I guess lots of people have heard their great-grandparents talking about somebody who opened a pressure cooker that was still pressurized, back in the 40's.

I love programmable electric pressure cookers. Unfortunately they seem to be good for about a year before they die.
    Ah, yes, probably that plus they kind of sound like an angry dragon about to bite someone's head off.

Programmable and electric sounds civilized. Anybody got any good brand suggestions from personal experience for a pressure cooker?

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    This one: Amazon.com: Instant Pot IP-LUX60 6-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker, 6.33-Quart: Kitchen & Dining seems to be highly rated. It is currently sitting in my shopping cart.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    This one: Amazon.com: Instant Pot IP-LUX60 6-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker, 6.33-Quart: Kitchen & Dining seems to be highly rated. It is currently sitting in my shopping cart.
    Oooh that looks nice. You can saute the meat then change to lower heat. Now, when I do a pot roast I brown it first and then put it in the slow cooker. This would save getting another pan dirty. Also that timer delay thing is cool. You could go away for a day or two and leave a partially thawed roast in the pot and come home to fully prepared dinner.

ETA: Just looked on the Instant POt website and they also have the IP-LUX50 which is the same as the IP-LUX 60 except a bit smaller. 5 liters instead of 6. Good for those of us who are not feeding a whole clan.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 05-23-2013 at 04:30 PM.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Are you still eating moar fat??
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I seem to have settled in to about 40% of my calories from protein, 35% from fat, and 25% from carbs. That can vary wildly from one day to the next, but tracking over more than 30 days seems to bring me very close to those ratios.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Giantsbran is offline Member
    So is the ultimate goal here to get cancer and be riddled with chronic disease?

Can't think of any other reason why one would adopt a diet like this....

gdot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantsbran View Post

Because it is our understanding 'round here that the low fat, high carb diet that America has been following for the past 30 years is a total failure.

May I ask what your particular concerns are?

ilovesteak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantsbran View Post

Such a callous comment can only come from someone in Hollywood. Figures. Go suck on a turnip.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Being a douche bag is easy; being a helpful human being takes strength. This forum was made less when Pbird left it. As it was made less with many others who left. To the douche bags out there, I say, I bet you are cowards in real life and use the internet to grow what you think is a pair.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Makoce is offline Senior Member
    It's unfortunate that they're gone. I'm really curious and have many questions for them revolving this!
    [ The Path of Healing Journal. ]

"Live in each season as it passes;
    breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit,
    and resign yourself to the influence of the earth."

Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast