Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird's Adventures in Carnivorousness page 35

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    I've got a wonderful curry stew going in the slow cooker. The only veggies in it are mushrooms and onions. The whole house smells amazing.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i like making curries with just onions and garlic with meat or fish and broth and coconut milk or cream and spices. i dont slow cook them as i find they are too liquidy and take way too long. i do red curry with venison and coconut milk, butter fish curry with coconut milk, butter and cream. wild pork curry with just broth and spices. lamb curry with lamb tallow and lamb and some tomatoes but not too many at all and spices, green curry with coconut milk and fish etc.

tomorrow i am making a venison and vension heart mince scotch egg wrapped in streaky bacon to take for my packed lunch and yes the kids are having rice crackers and cheese as they dont want any!!!

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    that curry sounds delicious.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post

tomorrow i am making a venison and vension heart mince scotch egg wrapped in streaky bacon to take for my packed lunch and yes the kids are having rice crackers and cheese as they dont want any!!!
    more for youse and meeese....... thats if I am invited of course !!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

thats if I am invited of course !!!!!!!
    start driving. i think i even have a bottle of wine as work sent me one and i dont really drink it. i have soft boiled the eggs. now the trick is to get the meat around it and keep it together without resorting to egg wash and breadcrumbs. so the plan is to wrap it up in 2 rashers of streaky bacon with the rind bits chopped off and hope for the best. just checked my corned venison as it is brining in a crock in the fridge outdoors. it smells nice and looks nice so i think another couple of days and it will be done.

i made a scotch egg!! what i did was wrapped the egg in two pieces of streaky bacon. i cut the rinds off first. i then had a brain wave, i tied the meat and bacon on the egg with the bacon rind. kinda like string on a parcel. fried it on all sides to brown and bunged it in the over to finish it off. then i had another brain wave. organ meat meatballs in curry sauce! so that will be my next mission sometime next week to finish off the organ meat venison mince.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    well done seas !!!!!!! I will have to try that one.
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

i still have to eat it and it may taste horrid but i doubt it. i never liked the breading on the outside of scotch eggs anyways. i will report back.

Paleobird Guest
    i like making curries with just onions and garlic with meat or fish and broth and coconut milk or cream and spices. i dont slow cook them as i find they are too liquidy and take way too long. i do red curry with venison and coconut milk, butter fish curry with coconut milk, butter and cream. wild pork curry with just broth and spices. lamb curry with lamb tallow and lamb and some tomatoes but not too many at all and spices, green curry with coconut milk and fish etc.
    start driving. i think i even have a bottle of wine as work sent me one and i dont really drink it. i have soft boiled the eggs. now the trick is to get the meat around it and keep it together without resorting to egg wash and breadcrumbs. so the plan is to wrap it up in 2 rashers of streaky bacon with the rind bits chopped off and hope for the best. just checked my corned venison as it is brining in a crock in the fridge outdoors. it smells nice and looks nice so i think another couple of days and it will be done.
    i made a scotch egg!! what i did was wrapped the egg in two pieces of streaky bacon. i cut the rinds off first. i then had a brain wave, i tied the meat and bacon on the egg with the bacon rind. kinda like string on a parcel. fried it on all sides to brown and bunged it in the over to finish it off. then i had another brain wave. organ meat meatballs in curry sauce! so that will be my next mission sometime next week to finish off the organ meat venison mince.
    You and I could have fun in a kitchen together.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    hell yeah! what was your curry like PB? and what meat did you use? i just eat my curries like stews. i never did like rice and they just taste wrong with OMG potatoes or that cauliflower rice stuff. japanese curry is ok with steamed veges but i prefer them generally as a stew

Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast