Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird's Adventures in Carnivorousness page 33

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Someone posted the other day on a thread about quail eggs about making "Scotch Eggs" with quail eggs in the middle. That is my next project.

As for sauce, that falls under the "condiment veggies" heading. When I don't feel like making my own, I use Wolfgang Puck's sauces. One of the few brands in a jar that doesn't have any chemicals, sugar, or bad oils.

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    I really enjoy this thread PB, you are always a delight to read.

I do enjoy vegetables sometimes, but more often than not I am eating them because I feel like I should. It's often held up in the paleo/primal communities that "our plate is mostly veggies and only some meat, see?!" as a way to placate the CW masses and make them realize that paleo is not that evil after all.

A couple times this week I found myself eating the delicious slow cooker pork I had made. Literally nothing but pork, garlic, and salt. I ate it sometimes microwaved and soft, sometimes fried crispy in my cast iron skillet. Sometimes with several pastured eggs (is there any more heavenly combo than crispy pork and eggs??) I had steamed or roasted veggies available but at some times I just didn't want it. So I ate my big ass pork piles and felt sated but also a little guilty I hadn't had "balance" on my plate and stuff.

Also I ate a 5lb pork roast in about 4 days, for which many heaps of judgement were distributed upon me by roomies and co-workers. "You bought a 5 lb roast just for you....???"

The fact of things is, there are very few veggies I actually like. Broccoli and carrots, mushrooms, garlic, tomato sauce or salsa of every possible variety - yes yes yes. Kale? Squash? Cabbage? Yeach, no thanks! But even I get bored of the veggies I do love, and the idea of just not eating them if I don't feel like it is intensely liberating.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    scotch eggs are nice if you just do them with meat on the outside. i cant easily get quails eggs but i do like them. just went for a little snorkel around as it is so warm. i found a kina so i made the kids go down and get it for diving practise which was very funny. took them ages as you always float back up real easy if you dont have a weight belt on. i smashed it on the rocks and ate it raw which i reckon is the best way to eat kina myself. nice snack. as to sauce, i am not aversed to it but we dont ever eat meatballs so i was having to think how we would. co-incidentally i did find a recipe for meatballs yesterday which had a dipping sauce made with cream cheese and feta that i reckon could be adapted so i may try that.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    you will have to post that recipe Seas - I think that scotch eggs would be a nice idea for a mobile snack !!!!, and the dipping sauce........hmmmmmmm I think I need to buy Marks other book.
    lamb chops for dinner. Bring it on !!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Lamb and oregano meatballs with creamy fetta dipping sauce it's not primal but incredibly easy to make so with a bit of tweaking. i have found too that you can make dipping sauce by melting pesto and cream together. you could use cultured cream too but i didnt have any. my lamb chops are languising in the fridge. lunch tomorrow maybe. or i will freeze them and worry about it next week when i have made a dent in the kai moana and the venison situation. lamb chops and pesto are nice too so you could prob do the pesto cream sauce with mint instead of basil for them. now that is a thought! scotch eggs are good in packed lunches. in fact i need to go weaving for the day sunday so i may just do that with the rest of my minced trout muscle off the venison and the venison heart mince.

thanx Seas - looks very yummy

...small steps....

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    I really enjoy this thread PB, you are always a delight to read.

I do enjoy vegetables sometimes, but more often than not I am eating them because I feel like I should. It's often held up in the paleo/primal communities that "our plate is mostly veggies and only some meat, see?!" as a way to placate the CW masses and make them realize that paleo is not that evil after all.

A couple times this week I found myself eating the delicious slow cooker pork I had made. Literally nothing but pork, garlic, and salt. I ate it sometimes microwaved and soft, sometimes fried crispy in my cast iron skillet. Sometimes with several pastured eggs (is there any more heavenly combo than crispy pork and eggs??) I had steamed or roasted veggies available but at some times I just didn't want it. So I ate my big ass pork piles and felt sated but also a little guilty I hadn't had "balance" on my plate and stuff.

Also I ate a 5lb pork roast in about 4 days, for which many heaps of judgement were distributed upon me by roomies and co-workers. "You bought a 5 lb roast just for you....???"

The fact of things is, there are very few veggies I actually like. Broccoli and carrots, mushrooms, garlic, tomato sauce or salsa of every possible variety - yes yes yes. Kale? Squash? Cabbage? Yeach, no thanks! But even I get bored of the veggies I do love, and the idea of just not eating them if I don't feel like it is intensely liberating.
    Exactly. I think there is a reason why it is always a battle to get kids to eat their veggies. Kids are very intuitive and very honest about these things.

There is a scene in The Gnoll Credo where Gryka the gnoll takes a can of the anthropologist's beef stew and just pops it is her mouth and then spits out the can in pieces. Her comment was, "Too many vegetables. I go hunt now for food."

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    scotch eggs are nice if you just do them with meat on the outside. i cant easily get quails eggs but i do like them. just went for a little snorkel around as it is so warm. i found a kina so i made the kids go down and get it for diving practise which was very funny. took them ages as you always float back up real easy if you dont have a weight belt on. i smashed it on the rocks and ate it raw which i reckon is the best way to eat kina myself. nice snack. as to sauce, i am not aversed to it but we dont ever eat meatballs so i was having to think how we would. co-incidentally i did find a recipe for meatballs yesterday which had a dipping sauce made with cream cheese and feta that i reckon could be adapted so i may try that.
    I get quial eggs at my local asian supermarket. What is kina?

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    Lamb and oregano meatballs with creamy fetta dipping sauce it's not primal but incredibly easy to make so with a bit of tweaking. i have found too that you can make dipping sauce by melting pesto and cream together. you could use cultured cream too but i didnt have any. my lamb chops are languising in the fridge. lunch tomorrow maybe. or i will freeze them and worry about it next week when i have made a dent in the kai moana and the venison situation. lamb chops and pesto are nice too so you could prob do the pesto cream sauce with mint instead of basil for them. now that is a thought! scotch eggs are good in packed lunches. in fact i need to go weaving for the day sunday so i may just do that with the rest of my minced trout muscle off the venison and the venison heart mince.
    Oh, droool.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Kina- sea urchin.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Kina- sea urchin.
    Good stuff. There is a booth at the Farmer's Market that sells urchin and freshly shucked oysters. I love that place.

I can see how anyone trying to do an all carnivorous diet who did not include any seafood could also get themselves into nutritional deficit troubles.

PB I reckon we just all need to go and live with Seas. She can be our hunter gatherer - whilst we make moon shine and merry hell !!!!!
    Actualli I think Seas would probably enjoy the merry hell making !!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast