Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird's Adventures in Carnivorousness page 26

Primal Moose is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    This is JMO of course but I swear I honestly don't know how anyone can say they like kale with a straight face.
    Haha honestly, I only like it prepared one way, very lightly sauteed with a little bit of olive oil or butter and salt. I've had it several ways, but that's really the only way I like it.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by heatseeker View Post
    I F*$%ING LOVE KALE. Paleobird, I think if we ever met IRL we'd side-eye each other to death. Or fight. Or bang.
    this threads heatin up.......

solstice is offline Senior Member
    In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!
    I need some chicken livers but it looks like I have to wait until the spring...or kill one of our birds! I do think I induced a little pre-scurvy in myself...small gum issue that cleared up overnight after eating a pint of raspberries and some lime water. It's real people and beef liver wont cut it...in my case anyway.
    Check out my blog on nature and nurture!
    http://thewoodsygal.com/

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Nobody likes kale. I pretended I did for awhile, but I was just eating it because I thought it was healthy.

Coyotes eat berries. There are no true pure carnivores. Every carnivore that I know of has been seen picking at some plant or another here and there, and ingests the stomach contents of the prey. So berries it is!
    Last edited by Knifegill; 01-25-2013 at 03:27 PM.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by heatseeker View Post
    I F*$%ING LOVE KALE. Paleobird, I think if we ever met IRL we'd side-eye each other to death. Or fight. Or bang.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Moose View Post
    Haha honestly, I only like it prepared one way, very lightly sauteed with a little bit of olive oil or butter and salt. I've had it several ways, but that's really the only way I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Nobody likes kale. I pretended I did for awhile, but I was just eating it because I thought it was healthy.
    Coyotes eat berries. There are no true pure carnivores. Every carnivore that I know of has been seen picking at some plant or another here and there, and ingests the stomach contents of the prey. So berries it is!
    My sentiments exactly about kale. If someone honestly loves the stuff, cool. They can have my share of all the kale in the world for the next 50 years or so.

And good point about the berries. What I do is, instead of having a bowl of berries topped with a bit of whipped cream, I have a bowl of whipped cream with a few garnishing berries on top.

solstice is offline Senior Member
    In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!
    I so WANT to be able to eat dairy...sounds divine!
    Check out my blog on nature and nurture!
    http://thewoodsygal.com/

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by solstice View Post
    I need some chicken livers but it looks like I have to wait until the spring...or kill one of our birds! I do think I induced a little pre-scurvy in myself...small gum issue that cleared up overnight after eating a pint of raspberries and some lime water. It's real people and beef liver wont cut it...in my case anyway.
    Have you ever tried my pate'? Works well with livers from all kinds of critters including chickens. And it makes beef liver much tastier.

https://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65193.html

This last time I made it I found you can sub in some bone broth for the cream and you could use any fat instead of the butter. So, the whole pate could become dairy free too. The bone broth even helps it set up nicely.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 01-25-2013 at 06:05 PM. Reason: add link

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    "2 lbs sliced liver (any critter, lamb and calf are my favorites)
    cook in a stick of butter
    season while cooking any way you like (I like Italian herbs, garlic and s&p)
    put whole mess in blender (or use a hand blender)
    add 1 cup heavy cream (raw is best if available)
    blend the living daylights out of it until smooth
    pour into tupper cups and fridge."

This seems really complicated. I would probably mess it up.

You know, when I was 5 years old, I buttered and put peanut butter on a piece of bread then put it in the toaster. Safe to say, I wrecked that toaster pretty good and haven't been a very good cook since.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Althaur is offline Senior Member
    Come on, Derp. That's far easier than trying to make a toasted peanut butter sandwich. Besides, at 5 years old, you probably didn't realize you have to make sure the peanut butter side goes to the left when putting it in the toaster.

I'm going to save this recipe though. Want to give it a try when I get home. Would be really good on the primal crackers my wife just made recently. Of course, I leave and she starts trying all these great new recipes. Grumble grumble.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Have you ever tried my pate'? Works well with livers from all kinds of critters including chickens. And it makes beef liver much tastier.

https://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65193.html

This last time I made it I found you can sub in some bone broth for the cream and you could use any fat instead of the butter. So, the whole pate could become dairy free too. The bone broth even helps it set up nicely.
    We found decent, organic liver at a decent price. So, i'll freeze it for 14 days and then pate it. I have been pushed into it, but I will do it.

I'm not sure how to eat it though. such things are usualyl done with toasts or crackers. No, i'm not eating it by the spoonful. Perhaps little endive lettuce leaves or something? Yes, that would probably work nicely.

Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast