Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird's Adventures in Carnivorousness page 21

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I just made 5 pounds of liver into pate'. I don't think I'll need to worry about scurvy for a while. I added this huge can of truffles I have had sitting on the shelf for ages and the flavor came out really nice.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Wow, I just bought 5lbs of liver. That's a LOT of liver.

I make liberal use of the ignore feature of the forum. It really does help.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Paleobird Guest
    Yes it is a lot. I kind of had to make the whole thing at once because it all came in one bag as part of my meat order. Two smaller bags would have been nice but now it's done and I am set.

I put oil on top of some of the containers to seal them and put them in the freezer. I will have pate for quite a while.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    you have really made me excited to try your pate PB.
    very excited to be going to my butcher again next week (too far away to just go when I feel like it. Well I could I spose LOL)

Althaur is offline Senior Member
    I can't wait to try some Pate recipes I found once I'm back home. Never been a big fan of liver, but it's probably been over 25 years since I last had it. I'll give it another chance. Maybe my tastebuds have changed quite a bit in my old age.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i'm all livered out after the raw lamb's liver salad but i will give myself a couple of weeks and then go eye up the organic chicken livers. if they are appealing, i will get some as i made some chicken liver pate for xmas and i had forgotten how much i liked it. yumm.

janie is offline Senior Member
    For dinner last night: a cup of bone broth and then a huge bowl of mussels steamed with butter and garlic. Did I notice the missing veggies? No.

Several weeks ago I ground up lamb liver and beef heart along with a batch of ground beef and froze some. Had meat balls in tomato sauce that night and I think I'll make a meatloaf tonight. This is so easy.

janie is offline Senior Member
    Ayla-
    I also want to offer my support. Please do not let the arrogant young trolls upset you. It isn't worth it! You know that you are doing the best thing for your body b/c of your body's response. I've been LC since February '09 and continue to thrive.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    PB, you seriously, honestly, don't miss the vegetable matter? I CRAVE the plants, especially the leafy greens and fresh herbs and seaweeds. Ditto with spices, with the exception of chili peppers - burns my mouth overly much.

I really like my meats, too, including the odd bits, organs, and the fats, but I like them best with pile(s) of herbaceousness. Outside of a bunch of Inuit hearsay, I have never come across a thread like this one. Interesting, even though this isn't me.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I definitely don't eat ZC but I'd say I'm LC. I'd be surprised if I averaged 100g/day. There are days, like today, when I'll be eating some potatoes, about 4 medium sized throughout the day - it's not a carb up or anything. I just made chicken and potatoes in the oven. I'm kind of over eating "strategically" it just doesn't go along with my nature that way. If it happens by happy coincidence then I welcome it, but planning for it would actually become annoying for me.

Whenever I get hungry, I think about protein/fat first, then grab whatever else I think may be worth including. I definitely think vegetables are worth keeping in my diet, and I enjoy all the ones I routinely eat (tomatoes, onions, garlic, peppers, asparagus, spinach, kale, broccoli, potatoes, cabbage) as far as fruit goes, I don't eat that much of it. I do eat a FUCKLOAD of plantains though, holy shit those things have got me. I'm working on my technique to make good "maduros," outside of that I do enjoy blueberries and strawberries quite often, apples (when I eat apple pie, don't judge me, creeps) and the occasional grapefruit. Other fruits are pretty rare.

I feel pretty awesome on this "balanced" approach so I don't see a need to change it, but I did dabble for a very short while in ZC. I didn't do it right (mostly muscle meats, never made broth, rarely ate shellfish, etc) and it lasted less than a month so not a real try. I have no real desire though, I enjoy my diet.

PB, do you think it's possible you may be experiencing Stockholm syndrome? Since you pretty much have to eat VLC due to your condition, I think it makes sense. It shouldn't matter though, and I reckon it's better to like what you have to do than hate it, right? A coworker is gluten free due to an intolerance, but she's pretty miserable about it and since she's a vegetarian (by choice) she's double fucked.
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast