Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird's Adventures in Carnivorousness page 20

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your list of foods looks quite decadent, Paleobird.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Chipotle tobasco! <3!!!
    Yes, on a car trip through the south a while back I stopped at the place where they make tobasco sauce and stocked up all of their various flavors. Chipotle is one of my favorites. The Tabasco company has a whole island and as you cross the bridge onto it you get this delightful wave of spicy scents in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    thankfully i dont ever have to buy oysters as i know where to find them. i never manage to do anything other than just shuck and eat them immediately when i get home. i have once had carpet bag hapuka which is a fish fillet stuffed with oysters which is very nice. you can prob do it with steak and oysters too. venison and oysters would be awesome like that i reckon. i've also had squid tubes stuffed with brill and oysters with a blue cheese sauce. equally yummy.
    I am SOOOOO jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Your list of foods looks quite decadent, Paleobird.
    Devine decadence as Liza would say.

solstice is offline Senior Member
    In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!
    hubby and I visited the Tabasco plant---Avery Island I think?---as part of our honeymoon roadtrip! He is an addict...to say the least.
    Check out my blog on nature and nurture!
    http://thewoodsygal.com/

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by solstice View Post
    hubby and I visited the Tabasco plant---Avery Island I think?---as part of our honeymoon roadtrip! He is an addict...to say the least.
    Yes, Avery Island. That is the name i was trying to think of. Just south of Baton Rouge. If you like peppers, that place smells like heaven.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    I don't care about the science, my experiences have to count for something right?
    Ah its just not worth it. I should stop explaining but I feel like I have to since apparently I am lying.

I think ill stick with only eating the odd thing like broccoli and spinach with butter, with some of my meals. I feel much better this way.
    Next visit to the butcher, ill get some bone marrow, and other cuts I don't normally get. Going to try making your pate too PB.

Paleobird Guest
    "The science" can be tortured enough so it will say whatever someone with an agenda wants it to say. The ONLY thing that counts is what works for you.

yeah.
    Am thinking of leaving this place. I get too worked up, and that is not good. I came here to discuss with like minded people this way of life. I don't see why people who don't give a crap about living like this get to be here causing stress to those of us whos lives have been saved by changing to eating this way.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Ayla,

The main thing is to avoid the people who bother you. seriously, just put them on ignore for a while and you won't even read them. And, you can CHOOSE not to engage.

For a while there, I was only visiting paleobird's journal and the kiwi thread and a couple of others. It's worth taking a break (3-4 days), then constraining yourself.

Also, say your thing, and don't get involved. let those people's behavior speak for itself.

For example:

OP: I'm having trouble. I'm doing X. What do you think?

You: I think X. This is because this is my experience and what I do.

Troll: Ayla is a liar and a fool. Don't follow PB. Do this.

OP (In head): Hmm. Ayla's experience is interesting. Troll obviosuly doens't follow PB, so that's not helpful. Also, needlessly attacked Ayla. Information ignored.

Yeah you are right, i just let things get to me too much.
    It also tells me I am spending too much time on here anyway. I should be studying and spending time with my children.
    I just hate being told what is right for me, isn't.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    All boards (except very small private boards) are basically the same. There are the really informative, helpful folks, the funny folks, the kind folks, the kinda slow folks, the arrogant folks, the quiet folks, and the s***stirrers. It seems counterproductive to leave a place just because a few people use the anonymity of the internet to bully and insult people.

That said, if someone is constantly following you online and constantly insulting your every post, then maybe mod intervention is needed. But if you let yourself get sucked into something and then get your feelings hurt, well that's on you (and me and every adult on here). Personally, I've never needed mod intervention - if a board gets that sucky, I either take a break or go away. It's only the internet, Baby.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast