Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird's Adventures in Carnivorousness page 17

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    So I tried a potato(really a half a med. potato)... plain. Well, as plain as it came out of that pan. BLEH.
    Bland. Why would I eat that?
    So I took a few healthy spoons of chicken schmaltz and drippings and squashed it into it. Suddenly it tasted fine. LOL
    But I needed to add a what 'dude' would consider a obscene amount of fat to make it tasty.

Another confession: I also tried to bite into a raw slice.
    I literally SPIT.
    WTF.
    That is not food.

'Dude' is off his rocker I think.

End result.
    No, I don't need no stinking potatoes.
    If I want to eat some carbs I'll eat some that actually taste really good, like baked black plantains.
    Exactly zero additives are required to make them delicious... like decadent dessert delicious.
    I reserve them for treats.
    I agree, blegh! And then you are supposed to cool them after cooking and before eating to get another amazing whole 2% of Resistant Starch. Um, no. Thanks just the same. And I agree that raw potato is only in the "food" category if I were starving, otherwise "not food". If I want some carbs that taste good I'll have some berries.

But at that point it is just an undeniable fat delivery system... and I also will quite happily slurp that schmaltz/drippins right off the spoon.
    I think this is why people are so mentally attached to their spuds. Happy mental associations of salt, fat, cheese, etc. It's not really about the potato itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelli View Post
    Potatoes just don't thrill me any more. The love affair is over. Even baked sweet potatoes. Even dripping with butter. I've had too many years of cooking for meat n' potatoes people. I make potato salad about twice a month and eat that happily, but nothing else. And again, that's really just a delivery system for mustardy dill mayo. My husband likes to eat healthily and I have cooked extra veggies for five years...only to have him tell me last month that he really doesn't care for a lot of what I've cooked. We're heading towards carnivorousness here, too. Suits me fine as long as I can have some buttered broc now and again.
    Rawr. Welcome to the pack.

cobalamin is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Not saying you gotta be a carnivore but come on man. Just wow dude. Were do you get your vitamin K and minerals? Is that even a real question....

Gorillas are stupid and so they don't chew their food? By your logic cows are smarter than gorillas then?

Paleolithic humans ate a lot of leaves and this is where they got their large bones from? Are you for real?
    Its a rhetorical question.

The point is that gorillas defecate more undigestible matter because they don't chew it properly. Cows don't regurgitate the grass intentionally, so.. you can decide who is smarter.

The composition of bones is mostly of minerals and the flesh of animals is not a great source of minerals.

Its like I am having a conversation with a vegan.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@paleobird

“Must have been trained to attack”
    This statement is often made by Maul Talkers after a horrible pit bull attack. It is used to deny the pit bull’s responsibility and the breed’s genetic history by shifting the blame onto the dog’s owner. The term is also used to victimize pit bulls. What goes notably unmentioned by Maul Talkers are the many disfiguring and deadly pit bull attacks that involve “loving household” pit bulls that were never trained to attack prior to the dog’s berserking incident.
    “Must have been trained to attack” « Maul Talk Manual – DogsBite.org

Who all thinks a Pit Bull should be eradicated? - Yahoo! Answers

DogsBite Blog: Saving Man's Best Friend
    Last edited by cobalamin; 01-20-2013 at 03:06 PM.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cobalamin View Post
    Its a rhetorical question.
    I'm erasing my response....Just do some more research is all I'm gonna say.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 01-20-2013 at 03:35 PM.

cobalamin is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    That it's rhetorical makes it all the worse for you actually. That seems to indicate you are so sure of your false assumptions that you think you made a point with that "rhetorical" question.

Your the one that said gorillas don't chew cause they are stupid....not me.

So I guess you've never made stock either? People that eat this way eat nose to tail (there are plenty of HG tribes as precedent for this). Actually I was thinking you might be a vegan since you don't seem to know some of this stuff, but I guess not.

You could look into things like how fat soluble vitamins (D, A, and K2 primarily) actually increase the absorption and use of various minerals. Theres lots of info, just google on.
    Stock?

I already know A, D, K2 work together with amino acids, calcium, magnesium and other nutrients to form bone and control metabolism.

The flesh lacks essential minerals for bone formation. Do you have the nutritional information of blood?

The difference between me and paleo/primal/vegan followers is that I follow the truth... not what someone puts infront of my nose as false truth. Knowledge for its own sake is useless.
    Last edited by cobalamin; 01-20-2013 at 03:57 PM.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Stock?
    AKA bone broth....even if your not a carnivore I'd recommend you add it in.

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    KathyH meets the gringo shaman of the Amazon

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Stock?

I already know A, D, K2 work together with amino acids, calcium, magnesium and other nutrients to form bone and control metabolism.

The flesh lacks essential minerals for bone formation. Do you have the nutritional information of blood?

The difference between me and paleo/primal/vegan followers is that I follow the truth... not what someone puts infront of my nose as false truth. Knowledge for its own sake is useless.
    I don't think you understand.
    No one here is advocating eating flesh (muscle meats) alone.
    This is a much more broad approach including flesh/muscle meat and fat, organs, seafoods including raw shellfish (a good deal of minerals there), and some vegetable and fruits as one sees fit, just not central to ones diet.

BTW, Gorillas also known to "chew their cud" so to speak... by eating the partially digested fecal matter that they pass.
    Yum!
    They sometimes even share it with each other, or other gorillas will steal it and eat it.
    Not going there.
    Last edited by cori93437; 01-20-2013 at 04:15 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Paleobird, if you saw the picture of my meal from the "What have you eaten today thread" that I posted yesterday, you could be proud. Not that I care if you are, but I think you would be.

I pretty much only eat veggies if they a) enhance the flavor of my meal (so I end up using them as faux spices in that way) or b) are fermented because I like getting my probiotics in a natural package (boo expensive pills) and I love the tangy flavors.

I'm slowly going more and more carnivorous myself. Been overloading on eggs too recently.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    BTW, Gorillas also known to "chew their cud" so to speak... by eating the partially digested fecal matter that they pass.
    Yum!
    They sometimes even share it with each other, or other gorillas will steal it and eat it.
    Not going there.
    Cows actually "chew their cud" as well.

And just to be clear, muscle meat is a great source of often missed minerals from veggies such as selenium, zinc, iron, copper, and phosphorous. Get enough meat in your diet and never need to pop a Brazil Nut for the selenium ever again.

And I won't even BEGIN my dissertation on why eggs...

Are.

Fucking.

AWESOME.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I think potatoes are more of a salt delivery system for me. I fork mash them with about two tblsp of half and half or almond milk, then douse them with salt and a smidge of pepper. I also like them next to runny fried eggs. And sure enough, as the weather starts to warm, I'm eating them less and less.

Yum!
    Not going there.
    Coprophagy - it's not just for kinky humans anymore!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast