Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird's Adventures in Carnivorousness page 14

Althaur is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Mmmmmmm. Love lamb chops. Grilled nicely with some pepper. There was a little Sushi restaurant in Oakland, CA I used to go to. They would often have a special of grilled lamb chop done perfectly! I used to eat about 4 or 5 of those.

Damn, now I'm hungry.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    I had four tonight. Sluuurrppp!
    how much weight of meat would that be? i can get lamb or hogget chops in approx 200g packs which is usually about 2 bone in chops so i have to only have 2 if i am not feeding the kids as well.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Althaur View Post
    Mmmmmmm. Love lamb chops. Grilled nicely with some pepper. There was a little Sushi restaurant in Oakland, CA I used to go to. They would often have a special of grilled lamb chop done perfectly! I used to eat about 4 or 5 of those.

Damn, now I'm hungry.
    There's a carnivore after my own heart. When are you getting off deployment again soldier?

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    how much weight of meat would that be? i can get lamb or hogget chops in approx 200g packs which is usually about 2 bone in chops so i have to only have 2 if i am not feeding the kids as well.
    It was about 1.5 lbs raw but by the time you subtract the bones and give the gristly bits to the dog, I probably ate about a pound of meat.

Chops can vary a lot in size and amount of meat/other stuff ratio. I only had two yesterday but I had breakfast too. Today I just had tea with hwc until dinner.

I'm enjoying just letting my appetite dictate and not having any fixed schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    There's a carnivore after my own heart. When are you getting off deployment again soldier?
    Can't really say exactly on here. Although, I'll be home for my son's HS graduation. I'm already tasting the big Ribeye with extra butter I'll be having at Ruth's Chris when I get home. Nom nom nom.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I get lamb at Trader Joe's. The chops are tiny. Always 5 to a package and I think it's about a pound. I get three and The Man gets two.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I get lamb at Trader Joe's. The chops are tiny. Always 5 to a package and I think it's about a pound. I get three and The Man gets two.
    What?! That's just wrong! Two?! Gah! If my wife did that to me, I'd be chasing her around the house to nibble on her thigh.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Althaur View Post
    What?! That's just wrong! Two?! Gah! If my wife did that to me, I'd be chasing her around the house to nibble on her thigh.
    Her man, unfortunately, is convinced that red meat is evil. Getting him to eat two is a challenge.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    I thought of you last night, Paleobird. My First asked me yesterday if she could have some raw beef, specifically the ground that was sitting in the fridge. I said no, mostly because it's conventional stuff hubby bought. But then I told First that if she had a craving for raw beef, we could stop at the shop that sells local beef and get a steak... First answers with the polite equivalent of Hell Yes! And so we did.

In the end, the entire Family Crabbcakes ended up devouring a huge sirloin steak together, with a little Redmond seasoned salt, RAW. How is that for carnivory?!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

samknox is offline Junior Member

Remember...

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    I thought of you last night, Paleobird. My First asked me yesterday if she could have some raw beef, specifically the ground that was sitting in the fridge. I said no, mostly because it's conventional stuff hubby bought. But then I told First that if she had a craving for raw beef, we could stop at the shop that sells local beef and get a steak... First answers with the polite equivalent of Hell Yes! And so we did.

In the end, the entire Family Crabbcakes ended up devouring a huge sirloin steak together, with a little Redmond seasoned salt, RAW. How is that for carnivory?!
    That's awesome. The pack that hunts together stays together.

Quote Originally Posted by samknox View Post
    I love it.

Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast