Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird's Adventures in Carnivorousness page 13

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    LOVE this thread, Robyn. So much so, that you are now fixed in my signature

While I don't think I could ever go ZC (love my sweet potatoes too much), when I did experiment with verrrrry low carb, I was very clear headed, mood was stable, but I also felt like a fucking VULCAN. Like my emotions had FLATLINED. That and my heart was racing at night and it woke me up. So I figured since I have no need to be ZC or even VLC, I stopped. But it is fascinating nonetheless.
    Wow! I said something sig worthy. I'm honored.
    IME, VLC does make you feel Vulcan in the sense that nothing gets to you and bugs you but it's not like you stop having emotions. I cried when my father passed away but I didn't fall into a black hole of despair and depression. That's the distinction for me.

Paleobird Guest
    Ceviche made with clams is great too. When I was housesitting in Baja I was living right on the shoreline and these Mexican guys would come by hunting clams and then I saw that they had a whole ceviche making operation going too. I offered them the use of my kitchen in the shade with a ceiling fan and a sink and they were delighted. The barter arrangement was that they paid rent for the use of the kitchen in fresh clam ceviche so I go a new bowl every week all summer. Yummmm.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    yum PB that food sounds good!
    So good, I'm having the same lamb shoulder chops again for dinner tonight. (I had a bunch of meat defrosting that was the leftovers before I got my recent HUGE meat pickup of Grass fed lamb, goat, and beef. I wanted to use up the older stuff first.

I drank the last of my frozen wheatgrass juice yesterday. I had a friend who almost died of liver problems and he swore that the wheatgrass saved his life (giving up his big beer habit may have had something to do with it too.) So I drank it for a while but now I would really rather have the space in the freezer for more (MOAR?) meat.

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    ... for more (MOAR?) meat.
    please, no, not MOAR!

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Ceviche made with clams is great too.
    i think clams are what we call cockles. i make toroi out of raw mussels and vinegar and puha ( which is a bitter green ). sow thistle? cockles i do eat raw and i can easily get them at low tide so i will try a mexican type clam ceviche recipe next week as they look tasty.

PB do you find you eat all the fat on the lamb chops now? i never used to but i like the taste now.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    oooh pork and puha! I have to ask my dad how he made that.
    mmm fatty lamb chops! I am still working out cooking it right so the fat is not all chewy. When I do right my children love to eat the fat.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    fast sear the lamb chops! i love the lamb rinds if you render tallow from the lamb fat. pork and puha is prob boil up. super yummy if you dodge the dough balls. and even better then next day when it gets reheated.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Paleobird how different are the macro percentages that you are eating now to previous ketogenic protocol you have been using to control your epilepsy?

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I find it hard to limit myself to only 2 lamb chops.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    PB do you find you eat all the fat on the lamb chops now? i never used to but i like the taste now.
    I eat any that is tender but give the gristly bits to the dog. It's those puppy eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    oooh pork and puha! I have to ask my dad how he made that.mmm fatty lamb chops! I am still working out cooking it right so the fat is not all chewy. When I do right my children love to eat the fat.
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    fast sear the lamb chops! i love the lamb rinds if you render tallow from the lamb fat. pork and puha is prob boil up. super yummy if you dodge the dough balls. and even better then next day when it gets reheated.
    I've been experimenting with using my home made bone broth concentrate to cook with. I cooked the bone broth down to compact storage containers and really stiff gelatinousness. When it melts in the pan it provides both fat and moisture plus yummy flavors.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    Paleobird how different are the macro percentages that you are eating now to previous ketogenic protocol you have been using to control your epilepsy?
    Probably pretty similar but I'm not really counting grams these days. Most of my carbs are dairy.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I find it hard to limit myself to only 2 lamb chops.
    I had four tonight. Sluuurrppp!

Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast