Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: carnivory experiment journal page 8

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have not eaten mussels since I was a kid. My dad used to also cook whitebait fritters, and we used to go to the beach for pippis. All the NZ mussels you can buy here are not under running water, and are all open and dead. Would not buy them ever.

Will try that omelette, I bought some brie and feta today. Was hard to search through the brands to find any that was just cheese. Crazy stuff that gets added to everything.

seaweed is online now Senior Member
    the mussels i have are the bluey black ones. we do get the greenlipped ones here too but i was where the bluey black ones were so i got them. white bait is super yummy. i make whitebait omlettes the same almost as i make brie omlettes but without the cheese. all i do is add the whitebait to the eggs in the cup once they are whisked. throw the whole lot in the pan and put some herb and garlic salt and some freshly ground black pepper on top while it is cooking. ditto if i make prawn omlette. i have yet to mix prawns and brie but i imagine it would be good. actual kina and brie omlette prob would be heavenly. do they have shellfish in Oz you can get in the same way as we get our kai moana here?

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    To get decent seafood I need to go to the fish markets in the city (over an hours drive) so don't really go. But I would love it if we could get decent seafood.

i only go to town once or twice a week so that is when i get fresh fish unless someone i know has gone fishing or we go spear fishing. shellfish i can get near home. smoked fish keeps a bit better and certain types of fish are ok for a day without noticeable unfreshening. rig for example which is a small shark which eats mainly crabs and seaweed. one of my more fave types of fish. good in curries too. we catch it often if we set a net.

def overrun the calories today but i managed to keep carnivory for day 11. and after yesterday's broth and CO ( shudder ) i think i have averaged 1200 for both days if you divvy it by 2 at the party i had some cold steak slices ( 100g?) with caramelised onion dip, 10 steamed mussels, prob 75g or so of pan fried blue cod, 2 too many cups of coffee with 4tsp of hwc and a few chunks of creamed coconut. no cake, no chocolate, no icecream and no fruit. i dodged the shots of bourbon too.

katemary is offline Senior Member
    This is interesting. How are you feeling?

hi katemary. i was feeling pretty good but i have had a low level headache for the last day. i did have too much to eat yesterday. dd's b'day. so i dont know. i will watch it to see what happens. i dont feel like breakfast at all today so i will just have a drink and see when i get hungry.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Hi Seas - get some peppermint oil on the back of your neck, and drink a heap of water..... and hopefully that will sort your headache out.
    good luck
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i dont have any peppermint oil but i will try the tester when i go to town LOL i need to get some more ylang ylang anyways. i am actually feeling very overall irritated. it may just be lack of exercise and being overrun with small shreiking kids as they really have been fighting way too much and very very silly of recent. which co-incides with their father having them for the weekend and he is not so good at label reading so he could very well have glutened them. plus there are a few other issues going on there which could cause behaviour problems. it could also be lack of carbs, which i do doubt as i dont really eat any anyways. in fact, the irritation has gotten worse since i have been having a few carbs from the creamed coconut and coconut milk in my raw fish salad.

day 11 today so i will dodge any more coconut till day 14 and reassess then.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast