Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: carnivory experiment journal page 7

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh its only in the sink wow i have lots of fat in both areas, hmm.

I ended up eating tuna and sour cream. I am not liking this, freaking out about eating because ive reached my macros. I did not want to be in this place again

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    this is why it is prob good to ditch the BP coffee as it takes up so many calories. i much prefer to be left with a good 400 at dinner to play with. what macros are you working with right now? i am aiming for 1200 cals for this experiment but i am the worst counter so it could be closer to 1400. i've never counted calories ever, other than the week i did cutting. it is wierd but i am finding it gives me an idea of what i am doing. personally i think if i limit my coffee to 3 cups with the 4tsp of hwc a day. i dont snack ever. i stick with basic nice carnivorous foods without going over a lb of flesh a day and a few eggs. keep about half of my meat/fish consumption raw. just coz i like it too. avoid all the coconut products unless i really have counted calories as for me they are easy to overeat on. i can eat a jar of creamed coconut in a day without batting an eyelid and it is 3,300 cals a jar! i am sure if i did it for a few days straight i may decide enough is enough but at $17.50 a jar, that aint gonna happen any time soon. but yeah, i will be ok like that. if i discipline myself to stick with it. once school goes back too, my exercise levels with go way back up as well so i will need to adjust that. what i really wanted here was a goal or focus to distract me from snacking all day stuck at home with the kids during the hols and stuff all exercise. the other thing is the more you obsess about food, the more you want to eat. if i have breakfast and stay home, i am wanting food or coffee by 10am. i want lunch by 11. if i go out and do stuff, i get home and 1 and think. oooh it is time for lunch. the key is very definitely distraction and new habits that dont involve food.

yeah I am easily distracted today as I should be studying LOL.
    Might make another strong coffee, with less cream.

I am going for 1200 calories. 15g carb (never reach it) 60 g protein, and 100 g of fat.
    Hmm I am not sure that is the macros I was going for. Stupid MFP i swear it changes everything.

so same as me pretty much. i always go way over 60g protein. closer to 100gs. fat i make high 80s usually. altho only day 10 of 14 days here.

now remember the caffeine weight loss connection we were talking about? i have to stop myself everytime i have the "i will make another coffee with some cream to get my fat ratios up" thought. can you have some broth or some ( ugh) herb tea or even just get into the water as you are in the heat?

Yeah I should do that. I am in the nice cool air con LOL< but drinking plenty of water.
    So you eat more protein than fat?
    Sorry for clogging up your journal, I am just so lonely

that's ok. i am working so i am in and out keeping an eye on a database right now. right now i officially end up eating more protein than fat. but then who actual knows as i count all steak as "steak" and i usually eat rib eye right now. plus i fry it in butter.

i find if i start on a bottle of water, it is like a habit. i finish it. if i have to have mugs out of the tap, i cant do it. once i drink a bottle of water, i start not wanting to snack.

made it! or to be more precise made it thru without flaking on my plan for the day. i did have to have creamed coconut instead of the last spoon of CO as i wasnt keen on the CO. but yay. breakfast is gonna taste so good at about 5:00am tomorrow! i also had a moment as one of my mates gave dd a kiwiana book for her b'day tomorrow. i saw the section on L&P with the picture of that bottle in paeroa and i could taste bourbon and L&P. then i remembered how my life was then and how much fun i had partying. so clearly. it was very strange. i had some more water, felt self righteous that i still fit the same pants 17 odd years later and it slipped away. thankfully as the pub was only down the road lol

so... today
    B: cup of coffee with cream, spoon of CO.
    2 c pork broth
    L: cup of coffee with cream, spoon of CO
    1c pork broth
    D: cup of coffee with cream, spoon of creamed coconut.

we were up so early this morning for dd's b'day AND she reckoned she'd given me time to sleep in! they had chocolate fish and blueberries for breakfast. and dd worked out why i never liked chocolate fish. i used to imagine them being solid chocolate till i found out they were icky sicky sweet pink marshmallows with a film of chocolate around the outside. i never could get why they are such a big prize.

i had camembert omlette and some coffee and i am feeling fine.

plan A is raw fish salad for early lunch. then i will make caramelized onion dip and cook up some strips of steak for dipping for the party for me. and anyone else who wants some.
    Caramelized Onion Dip Recipe - CHOW
    that web site has some very nice dip recipes which have lots and lots of fat in.

ooh chocolate fish lol, my husband loves them. I don't miss them so much.

ooh that dip looks good.
    Camembert omelette sounds interesting too. Do you just put some cheese on top as its cooking?

yes just throw some butter in the pan. whisk up 2 eggs with a fork in a cup. pour them into the pan. slice over approx 30g brie or camembert. grind on some black pepper. fold it in half on the way out the pan. i have found the trick is to cook it till the cheese is almost melted but without overdoing the eggs. you can do things like throw some chives in. or use blue brie. any cheese that melts really. fry up some mushrooms or onions or whatever in the pan before you put the eggs in so as you get mushroom and brie omlette. altho i do prefer simple brie omlettes myself.

i've never even eaten a chocolate fish. they have always looked too revolting lol give me real chocolate any day. well back in the day. i truly dont even want to eat it now.

raw moki salad for lunch with coconut cream. pacific cerviche. party food for me will be fingers of cold cooked steak with dip, coffee and water. and i will prob cook up some mussels as i have some in fridge to have with some ACV.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast