Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: carnivory experiment journal page 5

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    lmao only incredibly occasionally do i smoke. i am way too vain to do the wrinkles. and to be honest, i am quite off the thought of tobacco right now anyways. it's just a good strategy to utilise when things look like they are getting tough and it total circumvents any lecturing about being too into my health on the food front. i dont discuss my eating habits with anyone irl unless they try to give me gluten or proactively ask. no evangalisation here. the no sugar thing is a no brainer as i am female. we are always on a diet lol

made some niter kibbeh for my kitfo.
    Recipe: Ethiopian Spiced Clarified Butter (Niter Kibbeh) Recipes from The Kitchn | The Kitchn
    no cumin or fenugreek seeds so i added some fennel seeds instead. very yummy smelling. this could be the reason i am finding whoever said CO was satiating was dreaming lol i am hungry already! if you count the CO, the broth and the coffee, i am not any better off caloriewise than if i have eaten an omlette for breakfast. and i am dreaming about kitfo. i can do a goat one as i have some goat in the freezer. i can do a venison one as i still have some of my deer i shot left and i can try a beef one to be traditional.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah BP coffee doesn't really give you much except fat and calories, and its not even keeping me satisfied anymore. Time to switch things around a bit I think.
    Ill check out that recipe you just posted.

i dont bother doing BP coffee. i much prefer coffee with hwc and some food for breakfast. i've managed to get it down to 4tsp of cream per cup which was a huge struggle for a few weeks. and i now enjoy it.

Yeah I might just go to coffee with cream, then I can fit in more food when I need to.

i still found if i had BP coffee i would be hungry by lunch. if i have a camembert omlette and a cup of coffee with cream it is less overall calories by miles and i can last till 1pm for lunch if i am out and distracted.

Yeah I think ill do something similar.
    For the first 2 and a bit weeks, it keep me going till late afternoon/dinner some days.
    Odd, but hey, may as well switch it up. I keep getting torn about my losses so far. 2.3 kg in 2 weeks is not bad, but then I think someone of my size should be able to lose more. Then I freak about the numbers, and hate that I have to do this to myself, and not just live. Argh! Stupid lol. Should be studying but I am getting distracted by my children and MDA.

i've lost 2kg+ in under a week of carnivory which i am finding encouraging. i did once do a cutting diet off T-Nation as i was gonna compete in the south island bodybuilding show in the figure class. i had to take the kids skiing instead so i only did a week. however, i didnt lose any weight that week. the cutting diet was basically 100g meat, 30g something like brie or parmesan or a hardboiled egg and veges per meal. for 3 meals. i have 2 theories here. #1 i was exercising alot more that week as it was during school so i didnt lose weight for some reason. this is based on my last sports injury where i couldnt walk. literally. i lay in bed only hobbling around briefly to get the kids out the door to get the school bus. i drunk maybe 2 cups of coffee a day and had a piece of fruit or maybe the odd piece of meat for about a week and lost about 5kgs. #2 it could be the carnivory. i did do a couple of weeks zero carb about 2 yrs ago to the same result. either way, this is working and is way more fun than a potato hack!

Oh for sure! If I ate all those potatoes ill sleep all day.
    2 kg in a week is awesome!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i dont know about sleep all day. i do the odd liver flush where you dont have any fat that day and i feel so cold and weak all day. potatoes would just be too much i reckon unless they had oodles and oodles of butter with them and then i may as well just eat the butter! plus all potatoes are not equal. a potato is not just a potato. i am sure They did Something to the potato around about 1919 or whenever they bred the red king. i cant prove it but once they got into bigger more mass yielding potatoes, i am sure the starches changed. the flavours definitely did so i really only ever eat maori potatoes from the 19thC and before if i do eat potatoes.

lunch was yay! party time LOL more CO and a cup of coffee. i so am eyeing up the horse right now. apparently the meat doesnt get tough as they age and she is about 5 weeks out from being drenched. if this keeps going i may have to bail over the back fence with a knife and grab a sheep. i am so looking forward to breakfast tomorrow. dd waking me up at 5am as it is her b'day will not be an issue at all. every cloud has a silver lining!!!

2.3 kg in 2 weeks is not bad, but then I think someone of my size should be able to lose more. Then I freak about the numbers, and hate that I have to do this to myself, and not just live.
    i missed this bit. typically, i dont lose much. i eat less, i exercise and i cruise along. then suddenly 5kg will drop off and i wont notice. so it may simply be something like this. our bodies all react differently and usually the slower you lose it the better it stays off.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast