Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: carnivory experiment journal page 4

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    didnt get around to make niter kibbeh tonight. but i am planning on trying some kitfo. sample recipe here
    Ethiopian Beef Steak Tartar Kitfo) Recipe - Food.com - 353928

i may even try it with minced heart.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    I had a heap of lamb meat from the broth I was making. Really yummy !!!!
    Am drinking the broth now. How do you calculate fat/protein in one cup of bone broth ?????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

i just guess. i only ever make mine with bones and water. no onions or garlic. blanket 50cals 5g fat and 2g protein for pork.

i decided to toughen up and try the half fast LOL altho how it can be called a fast, i dont know. coffee with 4 tsp of cream and a spoon of CO for breakfast. ditto for lunch and dinner and fill in the gaps with bone broth. gonna go for pork and ginger mid morning with some salt and pepper. yumm!

no scales but i am still getting thinner.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Good thread Seaweed.

Do you ladies actually drink bone broth on its own??? I can't quite bring myself to do that. So far I have either turned it into vegetable soup, and once or twice I simmered some veges in it till it evaporated.

That was tasty but I'm not sure what else to do with it and I have a jar sitting in the fridge, it's not really soup weather so just wondering what to do with it. Any ideas?

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i decided to toughen up and try the half fast LOL altho how it can be called a fast, i dont know. coffee with 4 tsp of cream and a spoon of CO for breakfast. ditto for lunch and dinner and fill in the gaps with bone broth. gonna go for pork and ginger mid morning with some salt and pepper. yumm!

no scales but i am still getting thinner.
    Damn it its a real term OK :P LOL. I Just called it a half fast since I am taking in calories from liquid. Going to do one for 48 hours I think. Starting my day with a BP coffee. How long are you going to go for?

Annie, yes I drink my chicken bone broth as it is. You could freeze into icecube trays and just add to things you cook?
    I tried beef broth once and it smelled and tasted awful.

Do you ladies actually drink bone broth on its own???
    yes but my proviso is it took a long time for me to do it. i have nasty childhood memories of my mother making stock in her aluminium pressure cooker lol i have made broth for years but used it how you do. till... i got some free range pork bones. i love boil ups. then once, i used them to make broth. i can drink that almost instead of coffee. maybe start with pork and see how you go. it makes awesome pumpkin soup if you dont like it or you can have a boil up. i never btw put anything in my broth other than water, bones and some ACV. and mine always gels when it is cold.

the other thing i have done with broth which is more hot weather orientated is made savoury mousse. kina mousse to be more precise but you could do salmon. google some recipes.

plus final broth idea. i used to make crustless pumpkin pie with broth. so cook the pumpkin in broth and spices and mash it all up. chuck in the sweetner and the eggs and bung it in a dish and bake. you can eat it cold or hot.

How long are you going to go for?
    i was only doing today as it is my middle one's b'day tomorrow and i have people around. last thing i need is to be discussing my eating habits during a kids b'day party. i cant act natural and bail out the back for a cig as it is a kids b'day party so i am gonna sip coffee and cream. dip bits of decoratively sliced cold steak in home made caramelized onion dip.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Oh you smoke? Tsk tsk :P

Yeah thats probably better, if you said you weren't eating people would jump all over you, what is with that hey?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast