Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: carnivory experiment journal page 2

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    i have been fed caffeinated beverages with milk in since below age 1. i figure i need to pick my poisons. what i find is if i get stressed i eat to self medicate since generally i am trapped in one place as i have to look after the kids. i get stressed by outside stressors and i also get stressed physiologically by too much caffeine. i have found my ok limit to be 3 cups of real coffee a day. i plunge it now. used to expresso it. so ditching all the extra coffee has cut down massively on calories i consume plus makes me more able to do everything else i have to do. all that herbal tea, rooibos, dandelion coffee etc really doesnt do it for me. it is another case of my fave term about paleo junk food. sex with your pants on. i guess i could something like chai instead but i would have to put honey in it and cream so it would up the calories again. i do have a vague plan to try to replace one cup of coffee and cream at a time with chai with liquorice to sweeten and maybe get it down to one cup in the morning. but we shall see. breathing space and almost my clothes all fitting is pretty cool right now in view of how far through the school hols we are.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah gotta do what you gotta do. My 2 stress me too. My big boy starts school in just over 2 weeks. Good and bad I spose. I will miss him
    I guess coffee is not the worst thing, i gave up all the other crap I thought id never be able to stop eating. Its a start for us
    Where in NZ are you? I grew up in the BOP.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    seas - what the hell are daisy dukes ?????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

little denim cut off shorts.

Where in NZ are you?
    way down south.

it's not so much the kids that stress me. it is everything else lol and the kids just push me over the edge if i cant get out and exercise on my own. i am all good with usual kid stuff, it is just the whining and the arguing and fighting i hate.

oh i hear ya It bites!
    I need my nightly walk, but been slack this week. Need to go back to lifting heavy stuff soon. My push ups and dips around the house probably aren't enough lol

Hope your kids stop fighting soon hey, although I spose they never do lol

i love my weight training. lifting heavy is such a nebulous term. if i lived closer to town, i would definitely gym it way way more. i have worked out tho it is cheaper for me to go to town once during the week and see the personal trainer at my gym than to go twice a week on my own. cost of gas being what it is. since i have been training with him, i have made huge strength gains. just stuff i would never have tried to do or thought i could do as it was beyond my scope of faith in myself. i have defined up heaps but not got big. my upper body strength has improved heaps so i can climb 9m rockwalls with the kids and also make it around the cliffs when we get caught by the tide when we go diving and down and up the nasty bush gullies when we are out hunting. and that is on one hour a week at the gym. plus all my walking. during term time, i do a minimum of 6k a day. usually takes about 50 mins. i also will bail at the start of my pay week and go on one of the major blocks around here which is always up and down some nasty hills and takes about 3 hrs. i do get bored with things like push ups and dips around the house which is also why i go see the trainer. good example, he is on holiday this week. i went on my own. the brain so is the weakest muscle as i am thinking, i can just do 10 instead of 15 reps here lol or maybe i should stick at the lighter weight on all sets. but coz i know a) i can do it and b) he will be back next week and ask me so i wont lie. i do it.

Hope your kids stop fighting soon hey, although I spose they never do lol
    it tones down the further away from interference from their dad they get. he had them this last weekend but has been ringing constantly. plus he got my middle dd a cell phone for xmas so he now texts and rings her all the time as i ignore him. another good reason to roll on going back to school!

Thats great about gaining strength, I want to be strong, not skinny
    I will go back to CrossFit someday though.
    OMG 6 k in 50 mins? Awesome. It takes me that long to do 5 km LOL, and I can't walk any faster.
    How annoying about their dad.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast