Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: carnivory experiment journal page 10

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    I know! I came back here like wtf I forgot the link. Simple Peruvian Ceviche Recipe - Food.com - 111154

Also I love the aji of course, but when I make it for myself I don't always bother with that step - too lazy!
    If you found yourself a GOOD brand of habanero hot sauce... it could work for you.
    Just dash it right in there with the salt and pepper.
    Every chef in FL, who doesn't charge $40 a serving that is, seems to think so.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    If you found yourself a GOOD brand of habanero hot sauce... it could work for you.
    Just dash it right in there with the salt and pepper.
    Every chef in FL, who doesn't charge $40 a serving that is, seems to think so.
    I make my own aji paste, just blending up some yellow peppers from "Peru Foods" a brand that I can find around here, some garlic, salt, pepper and I refrigerate it so I can add it to literally everything.

I'm actually having ceviche today, and also arroz con pato (duck with green rice) and I'm confident there'll be plenty of aji to go with it.
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    yummy looking recipe!

you can dress our one up alot more with things like herbs or capsicum, bit of cucumber, that sort of thing. i dont even usually add tomatoes as i prefer it plain.
    Marinated Raw Fish In Coconut Cream Samoan Dish ) Recipe - Food.com - 34927
    i have also seen it done like this but with raw shucked fresh mussels. some people add sugar at the fish marinating stage with the lemon too.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    I make my own aji paste, just blending up some yellow peppers from "Peru Foods" a brand that I can find around here, some garlic, salt, pepper and I refrigerate it so I can add it to literally everything.

I'm actually having ceviche today, and also arroz con pato (duck with green rice) and I'm confident there'll be plenty of aji to go with it.
    Sweet...
    Living in FL we are also pepper and other Latin American ethnic food replete!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

steak for lunch! i got a pack of tenderised steak cheap and the kids reckon it is too chewy. i dont mind chewy steak as we have jaws for something and they need to exercise. i cooked it and then thought, why didnt i just cube it and melt up a bit of nitter kibbeh and mix it all in. kinda like chunky kitfo? i also am quite partial to melted butter, and then steak with literally 5 secs sear per side. so you get raw steak but with melted butter.

roast pork belly for dinner and a long climb around the rocks at one of the local beaches to get mussels. we found a cave and went the whole way round as it was low tide. i got mussels and cockles. then we went for a swim around the corner by the boatsheds and it was warm. in a bikini in the sea here!

dinner tomorrow i am planning mussel and horopito soup as i am craving shell fish. i have some fish stock out of the freezer as well. gym tomorrow first thing too so it will be interesting to see how much energy i have still.

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Your food makes my mouth water!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    so far, other than the raw liver salad, which was a bit strange and also the bacon i had the other day, i have enjoyed it all. the raw liver salad could have been as i go thru waves of liver eating and i am not so keen right now. i much prefer deer or chicken livers too and it was lamb's fry. if you eat it raw, you keep all the extrememly strong liver flavour. there also is prob a good reason there is only one liver per animal from a nutritional pov for us predators. and if you think how long it takes to eat the rest of the animal. or conversely how much we would have gotten if we shared it, it starts to make sense how you shouldnt OD on the stuff. bacon, well, i really dont see why everyone goes on about it myself. give me pork belly or wild pig any day!!

note to self btw. coconut milk doesnt freeze and thaw well. kinda like freezing and thawing cream, it goes granular.

boring breakfast. brie omlette and coffee. i should branch out as i have so many other awesome things to eat but i like simple food at breakfast time for some reason.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910